Thread: jbl new l 250

jbl new l 250

www.audioworld.com go to sections, click on real hifi. go to sections agin click on full sized speaker .................... the new TL260

clmrt
    Love the Marketing Buzzwords...

Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal
    PolyPlas
    HeatScape
    Symmetrical Field Geometry
    FreeFlow

You see them in almost every line from Northridge and up.

I'm not dissing JBL, just the fact that Marketing is transparent. And I understand what SFG is and what it does. It's just that you can change the model number in that writeup to about 30 other speakers from the last 10 years and you'd never have to change another word.

I tried. I must not have the same navigation options that you do. No "real hi-fi", and no "sections", either. Never found any "full sized speakers", either. I was able to stumble upon it by accident and find a usable URL here. Thanks!

sorry about that guys.after I post the TL260 I my self had a hell of a time searching for that web site but I see BMWCCA found it........ I dont like the north ridge series speaker. and the new jbl TL260 drivers looks damm close like the north ridge series. circut city -best buy all sale north ridge series speakers. I am sorry but the drivers look cheap. I have a pair of L250. nothing look cheap about them. I guess I will have to go overseas to buy some real quialty jbl speakers

Quote Originally Posted by gene
    I guess I will have to go overseas to buy some real quialty jbl speakers
    Don has suggested that there may be some changes forthcoming in this regard....

I understand that JBL is possibly trying to update the L250, but if it isn't broke don't fix it. They really need to tyr and use as close as possible the original style drivers. I do applaud them though for bringing back a legend. Fortunately I ran across this thread because I had no idea that they were doing such a thing. Is there any more information about these?

Out.

Thanks for the info, not sure what to think. Looks like they went cheap!

Don't confuse the L260 with the 250 models..they are the same...

RIP 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JBLnsince1959
    Don't confuse the L260 with the 250 models..they are the same...
    ???

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnaec
    ???

John
    opps typo...they are NOT the same....

Quote Originally Posted by gene View Post
    sorry about that guys.after I post the TL260 I my self had a hell of a time searching for that web site but I see BMWCCA found it........ I dont like the north ridge series speaker. and the new jbl TL260 drivers looks damm close like the north ridge series. circut city -best buy all sale north ridge series speakers. I am sorry but the drivers look cheap. I have a pair of L250. nothing look cheap about them. I guess I will have to go overseas to buy some real quialty jbl speakers
    I have heard E80 and TL260.

The treble of E80 is warm and not so detailed. The mids sound unnatural and like plastic. The lows are exaggerated upper bass hum and lower bass guitar notes are not heard or very weak in volume. The drums are ugly upper bass pump pump. The upper bass makes voices sound irritatingly overwarm.

The treble of TL260 is detailed and good. Electric guitar sounds like there was a guitar amp hidden inside the speakers and singer's voices also like there were singers' amps hidden inside also: powerful, deep, with natural colours in tone. The distortion from electric guitar equipment comes surprizingly natural and reaches ears the same was (but not as harsh) as in live shows. Very dynamic and natural. Bass is deep and the upper bass is excellent: it is not at all overwarm and leaves the midrange super clear and natural. The drums of a heavy metal band come just as they are played and disco synthetic drums come the same way as with high quality disco loudspeakers: dry and tight. All sounds are powerful and come with natural colours. Rhythm is kept accurately and it is nice to along.
    The speakers are: very natural; if aggressive music is played it comes aggressive as well as female singers voices come with a beautiful, colourful, powerful tone. All kinds of music is played enjoyably. Where good bass control is needed, these speakers are in a class of their own. The sound is not softened: it is natural. Also a part of the hardest edges of the natural (or recorded) tone of guitars (the distortion), high notes of female singers sometimes are reproduced naturally. So I think these are the real music lover's speakers: so natural and neutral, and the naturality requires excellent dynamics. I have owned TL260s only a couple of days so the sound may change during further playing. The first hours from the box the sound was aggressive and they didn't play so well with lower volumes, but also my girlfriend said the nest day that not any more.

I have playd classical music myself as a kid and in rock bands when I was young. I also listen to music live. This spring I have listened live violin/piano and I was listening at the Eurovision song contest dress rehearsals and this summer I visited Tuska (=pain in english) Metal Festival. And I can say that music from these loudspeakers sounds very much like music in live concerts.

MJC
    Quote Originally Posted by gene
    I dont like the north ridge series speaker. and the new jbl TL260 drivers looks damm close like the north ridge series. circut city -best buy all sale north ridge series speakers. I am sorry but the drivers look cheap. I have a pair of L250. nothing look cheap about them. I guess I will have to go overseas to buy some real quialty jbl speakers
    I'd say the TL260 is closer to the Studio L Series(L880, L890) with the added larger woofer. And the Studio L Series, imho, is a much better line than the Northridge, or S Series.
    The last time I looked, been a few months, my local BB did not have the Studio L Series. I bought a pair of L890s in Fry's last summer, tho.

Thread Information