Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Eldorado, My Life!

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch
    "Eldorad," at night, actually....
    A friend photographed a broken down but open ancient food stand down South. It wasn't until he printed, mounted and displayed the print that someone noticed the sign, the largest part, three foot letters, had been saying for forty or more years, "HAMBUGERS." Makes your mouth water...

Clark
    Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista47
    Singles bars - clubs - are going to stay too loud on purpose. It is designed to foster physical closeness. The idea is to have to be an inch or two away to understand what someone is saying. It is one inch from kissing her ear, and that is what the establishments want.

Clark
    Nope! The last of the clubs I describe here in NY was Soundfactory, then Twilo! Its about the bottom end with earth moving feeling. The full range is supposed to be clear, but not painful, and the highs crisp, yet not irritating. You could actually talk in these clubs, as well as the Paradise garage, the grandaddy of the famous NY scene.

They dont know HOW to do it, it isnt that they want the patrons to be drowned out.

FWIW, people stay in a venue that really sounds right, longer than they stay in a venue that is irritating and fatiguing. Just like youll find yourself listening to music longer on the right speakers than the wrong speakers.

They got louder, because they dont know how to be better!

scottyj

A friend photographed a broken down but open ancient food stand down South. It wasn't until he printed, mounted and displayed the print that someone noticed the sign, the largest part, three foot letters, had been saying for forty or more years, "HAMBUGERS." Makes your mouth water...

Clark
    My " Joint " is not a broken down place!

I keep a well maintained establishment. I personally put alot of man hours ito keeping things in shape.
    scottyj

Quote Originally Posted by scott fitlin

I keep a well maintained establishment. I personally put alot of man hours ito keeping things in shape.
    Whoa, Scotty! I didn't mean to reflect on your attraction. I was just trying to describe an old photograph I don't possess to post an image of. I think the photo of your place looks awesome. I like that image so much I want to download it and make it my next desktop wallpaper, if that's OK with you.

Clark

Smile

He didn't say, and I can't see that he implied that your place is broken down. He was just playing off Zilch's observation that the "o" on your sign is out, and it led him to tell a story about a completely different place.

We think your place is great, and it's on my "to do" list next time I'm in NYC.
    Out.

Serves me right for going so off topic here, and it is not even my worse offense today! Says Yoda: "Mmmm, pathetic Clark is."

Thanks, Dome.

Clark

OK Ok, I see what you are talking about!

The sign has a scintillator, and a speller, and a border chaser.

What you are seeing is NOT the O in the word Eldorado actually out, the speller lights each letter individiually, spelling out the name E L D O R A D O! After all the letters are lit, it then flashes the name three times, and then repeats the cycle all over again! Whoever took that photograph caught the sign before the speller completed the word ELDORADO.

LOL!
    scottyj

Whoa, Scotty! I didn't mean to reflect on your attraction. I was just trying to describe an old photograph I don't possess to post an image of. I think the photo of your place looks awesome. I like that image so much I want to download it and make it my next desktop wallpaper, if that's OK with you.

Clark
    Its cool, the more that know, the better!

Im sorry for being defensive, I really just take that much pride in the place. Family owned and operated for three generations. Gotta mean something!
    scottyj

Smile

OK Ok, I see what you are talking about!

The sign has a scintillator, and a speller, and a border chaser.

What you are seeing is NOT the O in the word Eldorado actually out, the speller lights each letter individiually, spelling out the name E L D O R A D O! After all the letters are lit, it then flashes the name three times, and then repeats the cycle all over again! Whoever took that photograph caught the sign before the speller completed the word ELDORADO.

LOL!
    That is just too funny.

Zilch, you are such a troublemaker...
    Out.

I have to ask Widget how to move the Eldorado posts into its own separate thread. I didnt mean to rain on Don`s Tokyo trip.
    scottyj

I have moved all the Eldorado posts into its own thread, I mispelled the title, meant to say " MY Eldorado, My Life ".

I felt cleaning up Dons thread was the right thing to do, as I was and am getting WAY off topic, and Dons Tokyo trip deserves repsect from us. After all, it is in the interest of sharing the premium efforts that JBL has strived to produce, so, now, the Tokyo trip thread is clean, again!
    scottyj

I couldn't put together bumper cars and a quality sound system until I searched the internet a little. What a great idea to have bumper cars in a disco enviroment (lights and sound). That sounds like fun. I'll mention the Eldorado to everyone I know heading to New York and Coney Island.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"

Keith Haring art?

did Keith Haring do your signs? looks like his work, the dancing people at least....

RIP 2009
    So when do we get some pics of the sound system, Scott??? We've been waiting years!!!

John

Quote Originally Posted by louped garouv
    did Keith Haring do your signs? looks like his work, the dancing people at least....
    No, it was a copycat work. It was kind of cool then we had new signage painted. Next year, Im having em redone again.

I guess now I have a thread that "I" must complete with pics of the inside.

I will, and I want to post em when I have Widgets cabinets in here, as well as the J Horns that they are replacing.

Trust me, the audio shops had nothing to make me feel insecure or envious about!

I do love doing what I do!

scottyj

Thread Information