Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: EVEREST DD66000

Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista47
    Please also remember that Mr. Timbers designs speakers, not marketing strategy. I really, really hope such a nice man was not hurt by the contentious nature of some of our rhetoric. He has made a career of showering the audio landscape with gifts from heaven, and whether we can afford them or not is worked out by decisions we made, not decisions he made. The only reasonable reaction to what he has done for us would be enormous, everlasting thanks and gratitude.

Clark in Peoria, a better place because of Greg Timbers and JBL (the man and the company).
    AMEN!!

Regards,

Bart

Maron Horonzakz
    The Everest looks beautiful...But beauty is only skin deep...Form follows function....I will reserve further comments until I hear this system at the CES. Then I will see if this is a true Statement speaker. No disrespect to G Timbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista47
    Please also remember that Mr. Timbers designs speakers, not marketing strategy. I really, really hope such a nice man was not hurt by the contentious nature of some of our rhetoric. He has made a career of showering the audio landscape with gifts from heaven, and whether we can afford them or not is worked out by decisions we made, not decisions he made. The only reasonable reaction to what he has done for us would be enormous, everlasting thanks and gratitude.

Clark in Peoria, a better place because of Greg Timbers and JBL (the man and the company).
    Quote Originally Posted by scott fitlin
    As honest as your statements are, I feel you just told me, and everybody else, that JBL doesnt care about us, here, in your own country, the place that MADE JBL the coveted speakers they were. Although I respect your words, and definitely your knowledge, I dont like what you have said.

I'll add my 2 cents worth...I agree with Clark and respectfully disagee with Scott ( I don't want a war)

..also I've read and reread Mr. Timbers post many times now I don't see anywhere he implys that JBL does NOT care for us here in the US. In fact if we read his words carefully it sounds like he went out of way to let us know that he and JBL do care alot..

Quote Originally Posted by gtimbers
    We would love to build real product for the US, but there aren't enough people who would actually buy high end product to make it a money making venture. We do, however, offer really fine product through our Systhesis dealers. The Everest is no exception. We have a package system of 3 Everest, 4 18" subs and 8 SK2-1000's plus some really nice electronics for a cool $250k.

One last thing, JBL will be at the CES in January playing the Everest. We will be in a Hilton suite. You are welcome to look us up. We tried to get in the Venetian with the other high end companies, but we were unable to get a room with decent size parameters. So come to thhe Hilton and I will personally show you the difference between Hi-Fi and real music. (The Gods permitting and the room not being too weird)
    also, lets look at the what JBL did for us here..
    1. the head engineer put a post up and explained many things
    2. Don was allowed to go with them to Japan and Doc it
    3. Sgt. Schutz and Major Petty were able to get in long enough to give us information and the white papers

So I come away with just the opposite opinion of Scott and think that JBL does care and really went out of their way for us in the US and the forum in general. But that's just me.

as far as what Mr. Timbers says about "not enough people" I believe him but let's take a closer look at what he really said
    . The US will be the least as the general clientele here want cheap and small.
    Here's he's using the word "GENERAL" meaning average joe. Of course there are very rich people buying stuff( and most of them don't have clue as to what they are buying as long as it cost enough) but the average joe in the US buys small and cheap . That's not something that JBL invented, just go into the stores where the average joe buys.. Take CC for example..6 years ago they have a nice selection of speakers. Here in KC they even had a separate room for their "higher" priced speakers... no more.... ALL types of speakers are smaller and there are far less speakers than before.. It's really sad...also alot of average joes do not buy audio gear for the sound. They buy for other reasons ( size. color, price, wife factor, decor etc)

anyway, I'll end saying that I think JBL and Mr. Timbers DO CARE and went out of their way for us.

Now I have my disagreements with the marketing part of JBL but that belongs in another thread to my way of thinking and anyway, we've been all over that many times before. Also, I've been wanting JBL to offer a line of Audiophile type speakers for a long time and said so, But this thread just isn't the place to go into that ( IMHO)

so let's just party...

Mr. Timbers I would like to except your invitation to the CES even tho it's the very busiest time for my business. I'll do what I can to get away for 36 hours or so. Also, I hope that you will continue to provide posts when you want...

Also, to the forum maybe CES would be a good time for many of us to get together and party JBL style...

First all thanks Don and Greg Timbers for sharing information on new JBL developments. Like others I will reserve judgement on the Everest 66000 utill I have the opprotunity to actually hear a set. I would love to have the tranducers to experiment with but they are way out of my budget.

Having said that I know of no other major speaker company that supports us DIYers as well as JBL does. Parts avaliability for a lot of the old drivers and this site is a testament to the lengths that JBL corporate supports us.

Like Scott am a big fan of the 2441, with the right horn and crossover it has IMO one of the most natural sounds that I have encountered.

Like Greg has stated on a previous post on the 4345 in the end it's what pleases you. I am still working after 2 years on my 4345s and won't quit until I am convinced there is no further improvement feasible.

Good God, give it a rest, man. Furthermore, on the new Be driver versus 2441, hey, maybe it just means you prefer the driver with more distortion products. No biggie. Whatever sound you like (and I suspect your system sounds quite good) is fine with us.
    As for the money, in many venues, $3500 for a mid driver alone is no big deal. In your case, you don't think it would be worth it to find out. I fully understand.

Maron Horonzakz
    Like i said lets wait and HEAR .... The proof is in the pudding.

I actual saw the post immediately after it was posted. It was very late/early.

I think Greg wrote it after a quick scan of the thread and felt obligated to at least answer some questions that he perhaps would have preferred to respond to earlier. Some of it was a bit direct but given the hour and his very busy program I can appreciate his reply. We're all human and I've seen a lot stronger posts by some of us under much less demanding circumstances.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by edgewound

Of course, I smoke it like Bill Clinton....don't inhale.
    Yes and G.W. never snorted "COKE"

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Yes and G.W. never snorted "COKE"
    Of course he didnt! It was called " snuff " back then!

scottyj

Hi Scott Why not buy a pair and try them at home? $7000 for a pair of drivers that form the heart of a just released $60,000 SOTA system does not sound that far out of line?

What did you pay for a pair of the 4002 TAD,s ??? And can the TADs go out to 40000hz.???

By the way I thought that was a nice offer from Greg T. I did not see a put down in it at all.

RIP 2009
    Still not even a mention of the Everest 66000's I can find at the main JBL site... You'd think they'd at least offer them for sale here, small though the market might be. What's to lose??

John

Did GT say they are going to be available through the Synthesis dealers?

David

(Of course, your money is ready, right, John?)

Sounds like they're booked through the end of the year with European and Japanese demand.

They may not want to roll it into the U.S. until they have the capacity to deliver here.... :dont-know

If they are going to have the Everest at CES than that's when I would expect to see it up on the site. Sounds like they may be planing a rollout similar to what they did in Japan. Maybe not quite as big but it makes sense to do it in a similar fashion.

Rob

MJC
    One last thing, JBL will be at the CES in January playing the Everest. We will be in a Hilton suite. You are welcome to look us up. We tried to get in the Venetian with the other high end companies, but we were unable to get a room with decent size parameters. So come to thhe Hilton and I will personally show you the difference between Hi-Fi and real music. (The Gods permitting and the room not being too weird)
    That last sentence pretty much sez it all. The DD66000 is the mother of ALL speakers, TOP of the line, everthing else, from ANY speaker company is somewhere below and less than the new Everest.
    I'm certainly going to do my best to get to the CES just to hear the Everest.
    Thanks Greg, for all your great designs over the years.

Thread Information