Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: EVEREST DD66000

ACK!!

Boring charts and graphs:

Attached Images Attached Images  

Oh my god. That was more than one could hope.

I'm sorry to say that they are way out of my financial league, but one fine day.....
    Johnny Haugen Sørgård

They look amazing, to me they have a Hartsfield look. I like it.
    scottyj

From the interior construction, it looks like Mr. Widget built the cabinets:

...was thinking that too or Mesa Engineering/Boogie that calls it "aviation
    style bracing"

-grumpy

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch
    Boring charts and graphs:

Gosh, i wonder how many db are in between the cutoffs? is that one cute graph?

You are all blended.
    Why the heck I need to see electrolythics in THOSE speakers.
    Unbelievable. None of the several hundred networks I built ever had electrolythics. Never.

So even if I could ever afford them I need to open up the networks and start modifying Arghhh.

Otherwize I'm blended too

I heard from my "SUPER SECRET" source!!! $60,000 U.S. per pair

ハーマン, 1 JBL "Mt Everest" speaker of 315 ten thousand Yen
    - "DD66000". Using beryllium for the diaphragm

From September 21st consecutive sale
    Standard price: 315 ten thousand Yen - 346 ten thousand 5,000 Yen (1)

The ハーマンインターナショナルcorporation is the high ended speaker of the JBL brand, is the establishment 60th anniversary commemoration model of JBL "Project EVEREST DD66000" is consecutively sold from September 21st. As for model of standard finish 1 315 ten thousand Yen. The incoming order production finish reaches 346 ten thousand 5,000 Yen.
    As for standard finish rose wood (RW) with cherry (CH) 2 models. With incoming order production the ebony (EB) with May pulling (MA) 2 colors are prepared. The schedule which sells the rose wood from September 21st, as for the cherry from 10 ends of the month becomes start of sale. About 4 months payment date depends on the incoming order production model.
    Ebony model Rose wood model
    Cherry model Maple model As for external size 965×469×1,109mm (width × depth × height) with, as for weight 142kg
    The cone woofer 2 basis of 380mm diameter and the 100mm diameter beryllium compression driver for the treble and the 25mm diameter beryllium compression driver for the super treble each 1 basis 3 ways which are loaded, floor type of 4 speakers. The fiberglass and the bi- radial horn of SonoGlass make which is produced with hot high pressure mold formation technology are loaded in the compression driver.
    "Project K2 S9800 Special Edition" (1 173 ten thousand 2,500 Yen) the flagship model which it exceeds. Loading the compression driver which is the trademark of the same company. With unit constitution/the appearance like the monitor speaker for the studio while, the enclosure which adopts elegant curved line was used, "the sound quality of the studio skill you say that efficiency and design were pursued as the consumer model which it is possible with the living".
    Largest feature adopted "476Be" of the 100mm diameter which adopts the diaphragm of pure beryllium for the compression driver for the treble. When in the diaphragm of the aluminum and magnesium the high pass signal above 18kHz is input, at diaphragm all the division vibration occurs, there is a problem that output decreases with phase interference.
    With pure beryllium being accurate even with high pass, uniform piston motion being possible, you say that it can do the playback of smooth quality to the high end. In addition, the individual diamond edge just it forms in the circumferential section of the diaphragm.
    The super treble limits using the compression driver "045Be-1" which loads the beryllium diaphragm of 25mm diameter. The playback which does not have the division vibration even above 50kHz is possible. Light weight by the fact that more, aluminum ribbon voice coil of winding without using the bobbin, is installed in the diaphragm, to do the light weight conversion of drive system, improvement the response. With Project K2 S9800SE it was adopted in comparison with "045Be", the output improvement of 5dB was carried out with zone above 30kHz.
    Upper tier 100mm diameter for treble, lower position 25mm diameter beryllium compression driver for super treble With beryllium the division vibration does not happen From the point of view of entire size 469mm of depth is shortly felt
    As for woofer pulp cone adoption unit "1501AL" of 380mm diameter 2 uses. 2 bases are not the case that it is moving in the same way, it operates one side below 150Hz, devotes to limits playback ability low to below 30Hz. Already, one side the crossover points same as the usual woofer with compression driver "476Be" for the treble and 700Hz. Because of that, as for crossover frequency there are 3 points of 150/700Hz and 20kHz.
    As for playback frequency characteristic of altogether system 45Hz - 50kHz (-6dB). Adopting the alnico 5DG magnet and large aperture voice coil to the driver of the woofer. 16 1.6mm thick steel rings, 15 0.8mm thick copper rings we load the inner gap ring which is made to laminate alternately inside, we cancel the demagnetization with the large electrical drive which is problem of the alnico magnet.
    As for woofer pulp cone adoption unit "1501AL" of 380mm diameter The woofer of one side devotes to the limits low, one wind it has become the constitution which changes Inside
    Using the large aperture edge wise volume aluminum ribbon voice coil of the new design to voice coil. By the fact that coil density inside the magnetic gap is converted maximally, actualizing 25% improvement of transient improvement and resistance input. As for diaphragm プƒ…アパルプ. The rib was provided on the surface, in the reverse side peripheral section controlling the division vibration and strengthening the rigidity were actualized by the fact that the individual aqua plus coating is administered.
    As for impedance 8 with Ω, as for allowance input 500W. As for output overpressure value 96dB (2.83V:1m). As for directional characteristics of horn treble degree of 100×6 (horizontal × verticality). Super treble degree of 60×30 (same). Adjustment of level control of the treble and damping control of the woofer is possible.
    Daniel アシƒ…クラフト of the industrial designer designs the enclosure. With bus reflex, as for port preparation to rear. As for plane surface baffle 25mm thick MDF. The curved surface panel consists 2 MDF panels where thickness differs. As for baffle for woofer 45mm thick. The curved surface is done, the variety controls the occurrence of the internal standing wave. As for external size 965×469×1,109mm (width × depth × height) with, as for weight 142kg.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I heard from my "SUPER SECRET" source!!! $60,000 U.S. per pair
    I'm jaded...and I think most of us here are. Maybe my pockets just aren't deep enough...maybe I just don't get "it".

For $60,000.00...I can buy a nice "E" Series Mercedes-Benz that is a very nice car loaded with all sorts of technology...or I can put a new roof, remodel the kitchen, replaster the pool, and update the bathrooms in my house...and more.

I know it's taken lots of R&D man-hours, testing, etc. I'm curious what the "per unit" cost to manufacture these beauties is, and the total unit sales projections. When I see a beautiful speaker system...I just don't see $60,000.00 worth of "worth". Hell...I can buy 3 Retro Ford Mustangs for that amount...or a world-beating new Corvette. Maybe I need to see the long term enjoyment factor out 20 years?

This stuff is made on CNC machines that can spit out machined parts in minutes....Am I missing something?....other than the mystique?

Somebody hep me...pleeeze.
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

It is the monitor transferring, but the sound which is made to enjoy
    Circumstances of playback demonstration
    Using the player and the amplifier of マークレビンソン, also playback demonstration was done. As for the model which is used the pre-amp "No32L" (336 ten thousand Yen), the monaural power amplifier "No433" (220 ten thousand 5,000 Yen), the CD player "No390SL" (141 ten thousand 7,500 Yen) with the system which is said.
    The audio harsh environment, as for the meeting place being the large hall of the Imperial Hotel Ltd., as for the floor carpet where the hair foot is long. But, as for DD66000 does not do the handicap such as that either the thing, showing the playback ability transient to be good with clearing only the horn system. It is absorbed it made the concave sound whose feeling of the extent where the water of the glass shakes with stirring of the drum in spite, is good the carpet echo.
    As for source focusing on JAZZ and classic preparation. With "Don't be That Way" of the "Maeda Sadao ミーツ 5 saxophone" the projection of the cymbal and the trumpet is strong very, when the fact that the acoustic image develops before the speaker is jumped over, the eye is closed, that the extent which you can think whether the musical instrument the head of the nose a little first is not certain. Also the woofer high speed of the medium treble was overtaken sound, it was extravagant and the sound which becomes pleasant, good quality of being settled you made feel. The high end "of JBL of JAZZ" it is the sound quality which seems.

With the classic the character drastically changes. It is drawn with the arrangement which the orchestra makes the chitin in the sound field where it develops shows the phase of the modern sound field type Sousei type speaker. Playback ability of the monitor transferring which can do the expression which responds to the source is made to feel. Because the seat which sits down with demonstration from the center considerably it is from the right it could not catch the condition and the like of the acoustic image accurately, but focusing was the impression which will have been been clear.
    As for demonstration system pre- "No32L" of マークレビンソン (336 ten thousand Yen), monaural power amplifier "No433" (220 ten thousand 5,000 Yen), CD player "No390SL" (141 ten thousand 7,500 Yen) It is the environment whose condition is good acoustic and with cannot say, but DD66000 showed high performance

* "The model which accomplished everything, has dream and will"
    President Koutarou ハーマン international Yasuda which does sale in the country "ハーツフィールド" and "パラゴン" and so on, from the early name machine of JBL, is the present high end, the model that it was built up in the kind of thinking where you looked back to at "" Project K2 "and with audio 5 years and 10 years, you did everything which can have the manufacturer and exhausted, spits the blood it appears as a high end. Unlike those of the spread price range, dream of the manufacturer and the engineer, it is the product where it can include will ", that you explain.
    "Never it is bright with you cannot call the circumstance which surrounds audio. Therefore such a time very, it is delightful to be able to deliver this DD66000. As for dream of the import agency, everyone rejoices the user and the manufacturer and reporting, with the product which was sold. And audio industry activates. You think "that thousand 載 chance of one couple for that could be given today, that, you talked the enthusiasm which is bet on the sale of DD66000.
    President Koutarou ハーマン international Yasuda With the meeting place entrance, the model which such as パラゴン colors the history of JBL and K2 was introduced

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Daugaard
    By the way, shouldn't it be DD66000 (rather than D66000) for 'defined directivity'?
    That was my first question with respect to the "Everest" name. Does it incorporate the asymmetrical sound field?

Not so far as has yet been disclosed. 100° x 60° on the "mid" (which goes to 20 kHz) and 60° x 30° on the UHF, similar to K2 and Project Array specs, as I recall.

[And Project May, of course.... ]

Quote Originally Posted by edgewound
    new Corvette.

Somebody hep me...pleeeze.
    I like those new vettes too!

Lots of fun cruising.
    scottyj

Quote Originally Posted by edgewound
    I'm jaded...and I think most of us here are. Maybe my pockets just aren't deep enough...maybe I just don't get "it".
    This is a prestige product. It really isn't about value. Is a $1,200 bottle of Cognac worth it?

I am glad that they have created this mile post... will it sound better than someone else's prestige speaker system? It will to some and not to others... all of that misses the point. The point is that the engineering team was allowed to really go for it and the industrial design team really hit this one out of the park. JBL will produce a number of these beauties and they will join the ranks of the Hartsfield, the Paragon, and the Everest DD55000 on people's list of coveted JBLs.

Widget

Well, visually it's a really stunning product. I hope I'll get a chance to hear it sometime. Congratulations to JBL and all those individually involved in its development.

David

(Does this mean I can buy a pair of H9500 horns now for my K2 wannabe's ?)

Thread Information