Thread: L112 Repair cost

L112 Repair cost

looking to repair this set of L112 speaker that i have both woofers and mid ranges need to be replace. What cost am I looking at and is anything else i could add to enhance the quality and longevity of the speakers ? I'm fairly new at this , and could use some help

The woofers are easily the biggest cost issue. Why do you believe that the mids and woofs need replacing?

well the woofer's foam is failing a part and the center on both mid ranges and woofers are dented pretty badly . If you have suggestions i'm totally open to hearing them

Quote Originally Posted by speakerboxing View Post
    well the woofer's foam is failing a part and the center on both mid ranges and woofers are dented pretty badly . If you have suggestions i'm totally open to hearing them
    Neither of those things is cause for replacement. Woofer foam can be replaced, and as long as the woofer has not been over-driven with bad foam, or allowed to sit for years with no foam, it should be serviceable. There's a lot of stuff around here on replacing woofer surrounds. The dist caps on the mids are aluminum. They can be pulled out again if they aren't too bad. But even being pushed in doesn't keep the mid driver from operating normally. Woofer dust caps are also replaceable.

For the novice, sending the woofers in for new surrounds and dust caps is fairly pain-free. Mid drivers are cheaper to replace with used drivers than to repair. Your mids are the LE5-12, which is pretty easy to find. LE5-10 is identical but without the shiny frame. LE5-8 can also be used.

any idea where i can find the foam kits , and any other parts i may need for this particular set of speakers

looneytune2001 on ebay for the proper 128H woofer surrounds. He'll ask you to measure the cone as there were 2 different sizes.

ebay or ask around here for LE5-12 mids.

Good luck, get em going, great JBL's.

Thread Information