Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paragon XXL

Quote Originally Posted by hsosdrum View Post
    The fewer the better.
    Irrelevant, the past is done.

CROWD by Gustave le Bon (about mass psychology) still rules today. Roosevelt knew about it as well.
    Let's talk about speakers and music.
    Last edited by Hoerninger; 02-18-2015 at 03:49 AM. Reason: link

Done? Yes. Forgotten? At our peril.

Done? Yes. Forgotten? At our peril.
    Ah, ah, ah. History has repeated itself many times since. And you don't need to look too far...

In regard of the Extra Large Paragons. Was the goal to simply lower the cut-off frequency?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post
    Was the goal to simply lower the cut-off frequency?
    This happened, but it was not the intention.

A pupil asked me whether I would like to guide a course "Hornlautsprecher" in the Oberstufe of a german school. I was surprised as the theme itself is very exotic for youngsters (imho) and how could he know that I was pretty well prepared. This thinking of mine made a short break and then I said yes. But I promised only a lot of theorie with very little practical approach if any.
    The pupils were thrilled and they met a carpenter, his children visited the school, and they found a way of sponsoring. The carpenter was willing to donate the MDF and make all the drilling and cutting with help of Autocad. So the pupels would only have to glue and screw.

I suggested a three way horn system which would be usable in the audience of the school or outside. (Each bass horn has four wheels of a big garbage container). My special interest was the sound reflector of the paragon. And I modified the horn California in that way that as much as possible higher frequencies would be reflected from the15 inch cone to the mouth of the horn (following an idea of Dr. Bruce Edgar).

What about the sound? I never had a chance for measuments, I am now retired.
    We have tried to support a choir with two mics and the horns, the mid horns were directed to the audience without the reflector. The choir leader said after my preparations "Please turn the speakers on!" He did not know that they were already running. I said "I will switch them off!". Oh what a difference, the horns have made a good job in supporting the choir - very neutral playing.
    We had a show session with the horns for the sponsors and I played some symphonic music. Afterwards I heard a music teacher saying, he was not aware of mine, "That's the way it should sound"!
    I was completely satisfied.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Hoerninger View Post
    We have tried to support a choir with two mics and the horns, the mid horns were directed to the audience without the reflector. The choir leader said after my preparations "Please turn the speakers on!" He did not know that they were already running. I said "I will switch them off!". Oh what a difference, the horns have made a good job in supporting the choir - very neutral playing.
    We had a show session with the horns for the sponsors and I played some symphonic music. Afterwards I heard a music teacher saying, he was not aware of mine, "That's the way it should sound"!
    I was completely satisfied.

I once had a similar experience with a live orchestra at a movie theater. I had helped setup the sound system and was enjoying the sound of the orchestra rehearsing the music that was scored for a very old B&W film. When I asked the sound guy when he would be able to get the speakers working, he just ran the faders down for a bit to show that they were in fact already filling in the missing bits...

I loved the film, which had a few jump cuts where some had been lost over the years, it was pretty amazing to hear the orchestra execute the jump right in time to the film!
    Mike Scott in SJ, CA
    Drive 'em to the Xmax!

At our peril.
    Got a link: 4 Februar 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Hoerninger View Post
    Got a link: 4 Februar 2015
    Pretty interesting. Definitely in line with what is considered propaganda. Bland manipulative statements for a crowd who's level of intellect is low and only reactive. Absence of reflection, analysis or counter argument. They have a "mission" and will only tell the "truth"... ;-)

Stratfor is well known for that...

Thanks for sharing.

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post
    ... is considered propaganda.
    Horn speakers surely ain't that.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d7T...?v=2d7TbdT_H6Y
    Sorry, I could not resist.

Got another link
    Mister Clark is a man of deep insight for shure.
    The film is already running - look at the date.

In addition to Symposium on Auditory Perspective 1933 in post #7 I found this article: Name:  AudioPersp.jpg
Views: 912
Size:  151.6 KB
    Enjoy

Thread Information