I have recently picked up a pair of 250ti limited editions. (I bought the pair of rights that was on ebay for those of you who keep track)

Anyway, since they are bi-amplifiable, I am looking for information on how to do them justice by doing it. I could not find 250ti crossover design drawing info that tells me what happens when I remove the tie bars on the back of the speaker.

Is the low pass element still in the line with the woofer?

Is there "high" pass elements still in line with the top end drivers?

Do I need to add an active crossover in front of my amps to replace the crossover pass functions?

Amplifiers I am gathering to play with include 2 separate adcom 555mkII stereo amps (rated at 200 w/channel and bridgable to ~600) and a pair of home made mono tube amps (built by my brother... estimate about 150watts each which sounded great on his 4311s)

some choices might be:

the tubes for the top end and an adcom for the woofers;
the two adcoms split, one for the woofers other for the top; or
bridge the adcoms to mono and just listen and forget the bi-amp concept.

the "bi-wire" concepts seems a sales gimmick to me as all it does is add a resistor in the crossover network (the wire from the speaker to the amp and back to the speaker is just seen (at best) as a small resistor in the crossover circuit).

I searched the forums but did not find anything, direction to a good thread would be helpful as well as any opinions.

thanks for your thoughts!