Last night I put the Crown PSA-2XH in the system. This is used in mono mode to push my W15GTI sub at 12 ohms or the W15GTI in parallel with a 2235 at 5 ohms total.

On initial installation, using the unbalanced input, I had a ground hum. I removed the jumper strap and this partially helped the problem. I then undid the ground lug on the power plug and the unit now operates with dead silence.

The bass is far cleaner and more powerful than my old amp could ever do (150 Watt dBX sub amp). In fact, using a dBX subharmonic synthesizer, I can turn both the bass boost and the subharmonic levels up to full with no distress from the amp or speaker..., something I could never do with the dBX amp.

I put it in mono mode and used unbalanced input for Channel No. 1, as noted in the used manual. The volume control for input Channel No. 2 is set at minimum, also as noted in the manual.

My question is related to the green indicator lights that denote 1.2 volts present at the output. It would seem to me that either the indicator light for No. 2 should come on and go off exactly the same as at Channel No.1, or should not light at all (most probably the former as the Channel is putting out power in mono mode). However, I note that this is not the case and while the lights do track each other to some extent, they are certainly not the same as expected. I can find no mention of this in the manual.

Do other people with PSAs note this same thing or do your green lights come on and go off in unison in mono mode?

When I had the unit open I replaced a diode (D113) for the indicator system, and while it is related to the green light, it is only used to keep the "error" light from false triggering.

If other peoples unit lights run in unison, I'll reopen the unit and replace this same diode in the other channel (D213). If not, I'll call it done and button things up.

Thanks,

Todd

Thanks. I need to know before I button up the cabinet again (a two person operation).