Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The McRitchie Project speaker....

Just ask Don for the key. You welcome to come in and kick some tires.

Rob

mcds
    Hi Don, Ive asked for access to the project forum but haven't received any feedback. What should I do?

This is the first time I have seen a request from you. You should have access now.
    Regards

Don McRitchie

I can't imagine what expertise I could offer, when compared to the luminaries working on this project, but i would love to follow along, please?

Done
    Regards

Don McRitchie

Andreaspaulsen
    Hi Don, All

Being a chemical engineer, I cannot offer serious discussion compared to some of the senior members here- however I own a few jbl related items (2245, 2226, 2118 etc) and does a bit diy, therefore I would like to access the project may forums.
    Can that be arranged?

Cheers
    andreas

Done as well.
    Regards

Don McRitchie

project may enclosure concept

Hi Don & everybody,

Thought I would throw out an idea for the enclosure. Not rendered as nice as your current concept on the Project May page. Based on a design I was working on for my own BIG speakers. I intended the upper half to include the horn as well a 15 so the volume of the two halves were about the same. The front surfaces (with grilles) are rounded, being two conical sections, they have a smaller radius in the center that matches the horn, and a larger radius at the top & bottom. The elliptical section of the baffle behind the grilles is a flat and vertical. I wanted the ports on the front so I could back them right up against the wall. About five and a half feet tall, about 42 inches to the center of the midrange horn.

Maybe this is interesting enough to get me access to the Project May forums?

Thanks,

Glen
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    glen

"Make it sound like dinosaurs eating cars"
    - Nick Lowe, while producing Elvis Costello

That's cool... not that a cool addition is required for admittance. Send Don a PM and he'll get you started. You'll find a month's reading ahead. Too bad you didn't pop in earlier.

Widget

Access Please?

I would also love to be able to follow the latest info on the project. You already have many "heavy-hitter" contributors, but I'll do my best to offer something of value!http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/i...lies/smile.gif

Regards,

Linear

Too far down the path to simply turn back...

Well...
    Like others, I too have read all the way through this to learn through observation, only speaking if I really had something to contribute. Hate to miss out on all the fun and education along the way...

May I gain entry to the hallowed halls?

I promise to keep my mouth shut and my presence benign. I don't have much to offer, particularly at thids late date (isn't the target delivery date May '05?)

Except my 2352 horn, 2509A stand, and 2447H driver. The rest of my JBL Pro stuff is inappropriate, save the 2012H's and 2405H's I just bought (and you guys have long since procured). My 4311WXA's and L166's are ***way,way*** below/behind this project.

I'd love to learn from your efforts, discussions, and research. Maybe my little *pet project* 4638/2012H/2447H+2352/2405H project PA setup will benefit from this incredible pool of knowledge and experience?

Besides, I'm dying to hear the individual and collective responses to this... creature...

no jbl:(

unless u got a very expensive and rare set of dali`s u should be ashamed
    and glen that does look good

Like to join in

Hi Guys,
    I have send a request for login to the project forum, but still "no cigar"..
    I LIKE TO JOIN IN..
    Background, electronic engeneer, done several dsp-speaker projects with build in amps..
    Thanks
    Jens

Don has the keys to the castle... he has been MIA. Hopefully he will respond to your request and get you set up.

The project has been on hold for several months while we worked out who would do the final construction. I believe we have it worked out as a team effort and will begin actual construction in a couple of months as we are waiting on one team member to complete his new shop.

To all that have watched this project and those who have contributed... sorry for the delays, but it has grown into quite an impressive project and a monumental task from those tiny seeds that Mike originally planted. We believe the wait will have been worth it.

Widget

How is it going with the project ??????? is it dead ? I have sendt 2 pm to Don to gain access but no answer .

mats

Thread Information