Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The McRitchie Project speaker....

(need a "hat's off" Smilie...)

And, to add, humbly, to what Mike posts: Don, it is thrilling you've accepted his proposal. And, the manner in which you do it, will indubitably create a new, and latest vintage, World Class JBL. So very cool.

Your wisdom shows through. Magnanimous. (need another "hat's off" Smilie...)
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

I can offer very little to this project in the way of knowledge. I would love to help out in the way of funds or procuring any woods or materials other than the hardware!

JBL Dog

Man, am I getting in on this one late!!

If ya'll need any parts, etc. let me know. I have a few hundred parts, etc. that are in the "dog-house" vault. Some are pristine, some are landfill.

I guess when I have a few spare days, I'll read the entire thread!

This message comes from JBL Dog

I would also like to participate despite the geographic distance.

I can help out with the active filter, offer sources for customise electronics with the support of our cousins at diyaudio.com and Passlabs.

Ian
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ian and Dog;
    email Don and get on the Project Forum

jandregg

McRitchie Project

I don't have the experience of many of the forum. I can and do offer modest woodworking skills and very modest financial aid.

John

Ian and Dog were both added when their posts first showed up in this thread and I've just added jandregg. This means that you should now see a forum called "Lansing Heritage Project Speaker" just below "Forum Issues". This is where all of the fun conversations are happening now.
    Regards

Don McRitchie

Originally posted by GordonW

BTW: I really dig the idea of a "Mother of All 250Ti's" style truncated-pyramid cabinet. THAT would make a statement, no doubt! Maybe we could make the pyramid in two parts- a base section for the one or two 2235s per side, and a midbass/mid/UHF section, made to "interlock" together, one on top of the other, continuing the pyramid shape and dimensions? That'd certainly make it easier to transport (you could probably send the sections by UPS, even) and possibly better sounding as well (isolated woofer and midbass cabinets, totally)...

Well, this puts me in the position to quit lurking on this thread.

I had a similar idea in mind to what GordonW mentioned here. I had tossed out some ideas, but the idea sorta died out since I didn't really even know what questions to ask. I had hoped to lurk about on this project and glean a few scraps of information regarding speaker design yet not have to bother the guys here with yet more stupid questions.

This raises the point of my participation....I can't imagine what I could offer other than a few sheckles and stupid questions. My level of expertise in speaker design is nil, my woodworking skills are good enough for me but laughable compared to those I've seen here, and I have no spare parts whatsoever.

As for the secret advisors, trust me when I say you guys could drop hints until the cows come home and I wouldn't have a clue as to the identity of said advisors. They would remain secret to me unless you published their bio on the web, honest.

So if I pass muster, I'd be delighted to watch this project unfold. If not, there is always lurking and stupid questions.

Alex Lancaster

Smile

Don:

I´ve been reading this thread, have not posted because I have nothing meaningful to; I would like to be able to see the new thread, can You sign me up?

Thanks, Alex.

I'd like to at least follow the progress as well, so give me access please.

Done.
    Regards

Don McRitchie

I did some research and fiddling around to integrate the 2012 in my 4343 environment.
    As I think the 2012 is still in the discussion maybe I can help at least a bit?
    Nice project, let me participate.

Figge
    now this got me curious! so what happend? is it finished?

PSz.
    I see that there is a "secret bat cave" forum. Hmmmm...
    Maybe if I knock someone will let me in to watch quietly?

Knock, Knock... Anyone in there?
    pleeeaaase...

hopefully,
    PSz.

BOOO!!!

Walk around. Get a feel for the place.

No secrets, per se, only an intention to try and protect JBL propriety engineering on their latest hardware's all. Access granted to any who ask, far as I know...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Thread Information