Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: The McRitchie Project speaker....

Quote Originally Posted by Maron Horonzakz View Post
    My comment was a wake up call...But to some may have sounded like a trumpet blast in the ear....
    I get the same reaction at the office when i want something done.

Perhaps you have understood the difference between volunteers and your paid minions.

Another difference - I doubt the folks here work for you.

Donations are like tithing the church - once its left your hands you have no more to do with it.
    Don't like how they do something? Then don't give them any more money!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Maron Horonzakz
    Then dont ask for donations.....

Thanks for the reminder. I've been mostly lurking and occasionally posting. Making a small contribution to help pay for this site is a tremendous bargain for the wealth of knowledge available here.

I look forward to seeing the completed project, and am very appreciative off the details that have been posted.
    "Zobel is as zobel does"

I really shouldn't comment since I would assume it is obvious to everyone, but just to keep the record clear... the donations have all gone towards materials, the purchase of some specialized software to aid us in the design process, and on one occasion to pay a shop with a large CNC machine to cut out ribs for the project.

All of the work done by forum members whether building test boxes, building test networks, running tests of the components, testing the assemblies or the prototype system, drawing up designs in CAD, or creating design renderings have all been done on a voluntary basis with significant donations of personal time and in some cases also including material donations.

Widget

...if you volinteered to do something it should then move forward.. If your job is large or small do it well or not at all. ... Hell you have a dozen men working on this,,,How hard are you going to make it?
    The project was started, and at first moved very quickly and assuredly, predicated on a specified driver compliment and cabinet design. As with any choice, there are always alternatives and compromises presented. The best minds on this forum, supported by available literature and research, were involved. Proptotypes of networks and cabinets were efficiently, expertly and expeditiously produced. Regardless, unanticipated issues arose which ultimately required a couple of "back to the drawing board" rethinks - some of these were material. These coincided with a period of changed personnel availablity for both the team, and especially personally for the project beneficiary. This latter situation manifest as the predominant deferral of both decisions and work. It could not be avoided, nor rushed through, and so project expenditures were frozen for an extended period, and largely remain so. The project is slowed, but certainly not "dead" nor forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    ... the donations have all gone towards materials, the purchase of some specialized software to aid us in the design process, and on one occasion to pay a shop with a large CNC machine to cut out ribs for the project.
    Completely true. Hardcopy back-up is available for inspection. All purchases were approved by the team (I recused myself), and authorized by Don.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    All of the work done by forum members ... (has) been done on a voluntary basis with significant donations of personal time and in some cases also including material donations.
    As well, there were extensive testing and listening tests involving many forum members from the bench, whose observations were fed back into the design process.

Maron, there has been much hard work and passion put into this. Regrettably, this has not met your timetable, nor approval. However, the project beneficiary, while certainly anxious to see the result, has not shared your view.

----- edit / add

It should be noted there were two iterations which were damned good and subject to extensive listening tests. These were far superior to most top-shelf commercial offerings, and employed no outboard EQ, and used passive networks. These were marvelous speakers! However, they were not "Best of Class", as was the team's goal.

The project has progressed and evolved, perhaps more than is readily obvious.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Maron Horonzakz
    Sorry for stirring up this fuss....But i reflect on a analogy here....The F22 Raptor took 17 years to develop,,,only a few are flying.... The P51 Mustang was developed in 6 months,, over 10 thousand were made. And we won that war....Lets hope your efforts produce a winner.

Lets hope your efforts produce a winner.
    Guaranteed! Thank goodness we don't have a war breathing down our backs...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Who was responsible for electing the committee asigned with organising commitees to discuss departmental organisation issues and committees?

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    Who was responsible for electing the committee asigned with organising commitees to discuss departmental organisation issues and committees?

Maron Horonzakz
    The saying goes....A camel was developed by comittee

The saying goes ...
    a camel is a horse designed by committee;
    -attributed to Vogue magazine, July 1958 and also to Sir Alec Issigonis.

A quote, properly quoted, is its own reward ...
    - attributed to the Seņorita (who cares naught for your flys)

That said - I'm much more interested in the Speaker project here than in any mumery or quipery from the recent posters ...

Maron Horonzakz
    Thank you senorita....Have you rode a camel? Quite an experience...Gets you above the flys.

I guess it's how you look at it. They may not win beauty contests but they survive where no other mammal would.

Thumbs down The McRitchie Project speaker....

Just curious what is the latest on the speakers?Where are they?Who is in posession,and what is left til completion?

Obsolete

Thumbs down The McRitchie Project speaker....

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Just curious what is the latest on the speakers?Where are they?Who is in posession,and what is left til completion?
    See Post #1 here -

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...ost.php?p=9695

As far as I know we are still waiting for someone to come up with a system based on post number one.

Thread Information