Thread: JBL 4412 No Longer Available

jbl

JBL 4412 No Longer Available

Hi all,
    Just noticed that JBL discontinued the 4412 series. Their new 'Monitors' appear to be scaled down versions of the past models. Too bad

Ron

While I always hate to see classic JBL's discontinued, I don't see this as a step backwards. The LSR6332 has the same basic configuration as the 4412 (12" bass driver, three-way bookshelf), but has always been measurably better by a significant margin. It never made much sense to have two similar speakers targeted at pretty much the same market.

The newest entries in the LSR series (4300s) are definitely not scaled down versions of past monitors. They are clean sheet of paper designs with a level of technology that is in a completely different league. This applies to everything from drivers, amplification, computer networking, and active signal processing. The 4400 series was quite dated in comparison.
    Regards

Don McRitchie

Thanks for the input Don...

This just means that we'll be able to get them cheaper, sooner...

jbl
    Thank's Don. I'll have to stop by Sam Ash and listen to them.

Ron

jbl
    $2,400 a pair at Sam Ash. Maybe a 10 - 15% discount.

Ron

Well I have had my 4412A's for about two months, purchased used off of ebay. Yup, I would much rather have had the lsr version however, price, looks in the room with grill vs all exposed drivers with lsr, and, did I mention price??? Mine are 5 years old and 1/4 the price so my compromise was worth it. The 4412A is still a nice accurate monitor with nice dynamic range, relatively low compression at volume, and protective grills from the three cats.

The new 4300 series looks very very interesting, silk dome tweeter and very sophisticated electronic tweeks available. The sales rep at Tweeters was recently out to the JBL Northridge facility and mentioned a surround sound set up with the 4300's and the demo he heard where he was told, "let me just show you how loud they can cleanly play" and he said he was quite impressed.

I would love the opportunity to hear both the 6300 and 4300 series as I am sure they are "state of the art".

Being a bang for the buck guy, I couldn't resist a nice pair of used 4412A's for home theater duty.

By the way, this tweeters had the performance series set up in the "big guy ($$) surround demo room" and the L series model with the dual 8 inch woofer model and the dual 6 inch woofer model in the "regular surround demo room". The big L series sounded nice with some of the music selections available. I would like to go back with my music and listen, but, I don't want to fall in lust over ANOTHER speaker system since the fundage is all tapped out. The warden insists I must feed the kids and of course, feed the kitties.!!

Quote Originally Posted by bone215

By the way, this tweeters had the performance series set up in the "big guy ($$) surround demo room" and the L series model with the dual 8 inch woofer model and the dual 6 inch woofer model in the "regular surround demo room". The big L series sounded nice with some of the music selections available. I would like to go back with my music and listen, but, I don't want to fall in lust over ANOTHER speaker system since the fundage is all tapped out. The warden insists I must feed the kids and of course, feed the kitties.!!
    If you get a chance to listen, posts in the PS thread and Studio L's thread would be great. the more the merrier....

Oh yes, and please DO feed the kids and kitties and most of all Mama....If your house is like most, then if mama ain't happy ....NO ONES happy...

Thread Information