Thread: JBL4560

JBL4560

Hi,
    i searched the I-net to find a plan for the JBL4560 enclosure. Could someone send me the plan? I would like to try the Altec 416 woofer...
    Greetings Barossi
    barossi [at] gmx dot de

Don't know where they are available free. There's a dude, or dudette, who sells them on ebay for $15, has them up there now. It's a lot, I know, but maybe you can share them with your friends.

Edit: Altec had a similar cabinet called the 816A. Maybe you can find those plans. It seems to me the information about Altec enclosures was once up on the Great Plains Audio website, but I can't find it now. They've gone into the enclosure business themselves. Hmmm . . . .

I'm not sure either of those cabinets is meant to be full range, and you might get more satisfactory results with the A7. It's no harder to build and a lot easier to buy. Plans are available in the LH Library and a number of other places.

Bull frog: The literature for the 816A says, " . . . the bass reflex porting extends the useful response to 50 Hz and below when multiple units are employed." The published frequency response curve for the 4560A starts tailing off, rather steeply, at 200 Hz.

David

JBL 4560

Sending you a private post, with quite a bit of documentation on the 4560. I've had and measured these side by side with an Altec A7, no question the 4560 is more musical.

Cyclotronguy

Thread Information