Thread: lexicon preamps

Thumbs up lexicon preamps

I have a couple questions regarding a few models of preamps. Ive been looking at the dc1 -dc2 and mc1 models. has anyone heard any of these? if so which would you recomend? I want to upgrade from my adcom gtp500. I have a couple amps with balanced inputs and would like to start switching over to something with those inputs. I also like the upgradeability of the lexicon products. But......... I am concerened about whether any of these 3 are upgradeable to the new hdmi 1.3 inputs for hd dvd or bluray. I dont watch a lot of movies per se but i do buy a lot of music videos and am looking forward to the new audio formats that will come with those formats, and would like to be able to enjoy those with a minimal cost. If i could send any of these off to get upgraded with the software and inputs it would be great. Also any other thoughts or ideas will be appreciated . THANKS IN ADVANCE AND HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY 4TH OF JULY ALL OF YOU.

Lexion DC 1 -DC 2 - MC 1

Hi Jim3860
    None of the above will do HDMI and to my knowledge there are no factory upgrades to HDMI.
    They don't even do component.
    The MC 1 is the better unit its steering is fantastic, anyway why not just run your DVD direct to your monitor,projector what ever.
    Regards
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Smith
    Hi Jim3860
    None of the above will do HDMI and to my knowledge there are no factory upgrades to HDMI.
    They don't even do component.
    The MC 1 is the better unit its steering is fantastic, anyway why not just run your DVD direct to your monitor,projector what ever.
    Regards
    Michael
    hi michael. the reason why i wanted a lexicon was there upgrade options, but if they dont offer a option to upgrade to hdmi inputs then there of very little use to me. the reason being not that i want to even use the hdmi connection for video but for audio since it will carry both, and as far as i know the only way to listen to the new audio formats in dvd audio and blu ray in there full resolution. and even then only if you have the newer high bandwith hdmi connections not the older ones THANKS for the input. regards jim

Thread Information