Thread: JBL XPL-200 and Rane AC24

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

JBL XPL-200 and Rane AC24

Has anyone had any experiences with Rane's AC24 Active Crossover or any of Rane's active crossovers? Supposedly they're on or very close to the top for active crossovers for professional and home theatre.

At the moment I am trying to source some XPL-200 input/output cards for my DX-1 crossovers with no luck and so I am looking at other options in connecting up XPL-200 speakers to an external active crossovers.

Since the XPL-200's are a 4-way setup with two sets of binding posts, one for low and the other for high, I have been thinking about re-wiring the speakers so that each driver has its own set of binding posts and then use Rane's AC24 crossover to drive of the drivers in the 200's.

By using the AC24 crossover, I should be able to gain complete control of how each driver performs in any room scenario. I know the DX-1 from JBL does not have anythin near the prgrammability of Rane's AC24 crossover plus the AC24 incorporates the latest technology out today.

The DX-1 is classified as a classe "A" pre-amp but it would be intersting to see if there are any comparison's between the DX-1 and Rane's AC24 crossovers.

I will attach some info on the Rane so you can decide for yourself.

Any thoughts on whether or not this project seems a reasonable one to pursue?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information