Hi folks,

Just wanted to hear some opinions regarding this, and to speak of my own experiences...

Speakers form England such as B&W, KEF, and Celestion - they seem to have this uncolored, un-offensive, smooth, balanced, natural character. If I were to kick on a pair of speakers, primarily to enjoy my jazz / new age, flat eq with a touch of subwoofer to solidify the bottom, for my own relaxation and enjoyment...... the ones made in England are near and dear to my taste. They consistently over-shadow anything that came from anywhere else.

Now then, my JBL systems are a bit of a different story. They seem to reward the right program material with a liveliness, an energy. Imagine friends or family listening, some subtle and carefully selected eq, some energetic music, a touch of subwoofer to solidify the bottom, and the English speakers cannot liven up the room like the JBLs. Not even close.

If I were to be allowed only one pair for the rest of my life and had to choose between a good English speaker vs. a good American speaker, I simply could not choose. :dont-know

Does that make me bisexual?