Thread: Adcom Pre-amps?

RIP 2009

Adcom Pre-amps?

I know Adcom pre-amps are much respected around here, especially the GFP-750. Unfortunately, even used, this model is a little out of my range right now.

How does the GFP-710 compare? And is the GFP-565 even worth considering, (a friend has one available for around $200)?

Thanks for any insight.

John

Yes, the 565 model is a good performer in its original price range. Can't remember if it has a phono preamp, or not, if needed. Hard to say how it would match up to various amps, but that is always an issue. $200 would not be a great bargain but definitely worth the price. Buying from someone you know is better yet.

DavidF

majick47

ADCOM Preamp

$200 for the ADCOM 565 is a fair price, seen them selling for $275+ on Audiogon. The 565 has a phono preamp and in its day was well respected.

hhopson

Adcom 565 Preamp

I have two Adcom 565 preamps and I am of the opinion that this preamp is a solid piece of gear. I use the preamp in conjunction with the adcom 565 monoblocks. I've had what I believe to be considerable success driving each of my three sets of speaks, JBL 4430, 4425 and EPL200. I too believe the 565 preamp to be worth every penny of the $200. Harvey

Thread Information