Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Zen 9

I think these image would better serve the forums if they were in an Audio Classics thread...no doubt other members could also contribute.

sorry,I'll ask the moderator here to deleat them all
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enought to take away everything from you

Quote Originally Posted by mech986
    Hi Ian,

The Marantz preamp in Northwood's picture is the venerable Marantz 7 tube preamp. Looks in very nice condition too. It is considered one of Audio's classic designs.

In the same vein, the two small Rogers speakers are the classic BBC LS3/5a's. Northwood, from what I can see, the top speaker is Teak and the bottom is Walnut? Judging from the Rogers Badges, the top may have a serial number of SO7xxxAB to SO18xxxAB while the bottom will be from SO24xxxAB to 45xxxAB or so. Do you own these, and do you have any photos of the backs showing the serail numbers and of the fronts without the grilles? This will help me to figure out whether the bottom pair is a 15 ohm mid 80's version or the later so called 11 ohm revision form 1987 on.

I'm moderator of the Yahoo! LS3/5a group ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ls35a/ ) so that's why the interest. Ian, if you feel this is sort of a hijack on your Zen thread, I can move this to a new thread or PM. Thanks.

I have always admired Pass's designs and followed all his Audio Amateur/Express published papers as well as the passdiy projects. Would love to see how yours turn out.

Regards,

Bart
    Yeah, u r right about the speakers and Marantz Pre-amp,I'll take the photoes of them for u later.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enought to take away everything from you

Further details of the project rollout can be found here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...threadid=82197

Northwood,

I have updated the link with more pictures at the end of the thread. Have a look. I spent most of the day working on it .

If the diy Moderator makes the effort to clean up this thread I will post hi resolution images for you.

macka

Thread Information