Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JBL Control 1 summertime project surround array and more!

JBL 4645
    duaneage

Well I know the fuse lights up on the JBL control 5’s and the JBL control 1’s, haven’t seen the JBL control 1’s light up as of yet, I have too many years experience with JBL control 5’s.

The sidewall JBL control1’s are wired in series, and the centre back is also wired in series.

The split-surrounds on the back wall half are wired directly from the Marantz 1030’s A speaker output, and the sides are on B speaker output.

At the present moment I’m watching “Aliens” with both A and B loudspeaker settings on, and there as not been a single problem, the bass line on the split-surrounds, with a timpani beat in the James Horner score, that’s on the end credits, is real heard throughout the room, there is no overwhelm of the information, that’s plainly down to the Dolby Pro-Logic decoder that I use for the centre back surround and the height surrounds as well.

The decoder is re-plugged and gets it’s surround signal from the Dolby Digital or the dts decoder, the Kenwood KRF-X9050D THX select is a wonderful AVR.

I have to do some more pictures with those crazy inserts, linking to what does what, well let me tell you I have worked in two cinemas as projectionist in the past, and re-plugging is no stranger to me, I do hope I haven’t confused anyone hare!

AS for the big screens, the only thing that will finish this off is a video projector, a perforated screen, and a THX baffle wall!

So for now the SONY is stay right where she is, she’s old but she’ll hold!

JBL 4645
    Northwood

Arr, Northwood so what do you think?

Where’s you avatar mate, hay, it’s not the same without it!?

JBL 4645
    johnaec

Well someday, a video projector will be installed, but for now this is it, the image may look small, but the JBL sound system hare is ," Just Bloody Lives" up to its promise!

JBL 4645
    I’ll post more of the of this ultimate power in the universe, later in the day, I’m really to tired now, so later in day more to come!

May the JBL be with you!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645
    Northwood

Arr, Northwood so what do you think?

Where’s you avatar mate, hay, it’s not the same without it!?
    gosh,I lost it
    let me do it again

how's this one
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enought to take away everything from you

JBL 4645
    Northwood

LOL

Now let me guess, you hot linked the avatar form another site, hears a tip mate, save the picture to your (hard drive) then upload it to this site, that way you will always have the same avatar without the site crashing and the image disappearing!

But keep that one for now, cute I like it, but where’s his JBL badge?

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645
    Northwood

LOL

Now let me guess, you hot linked the avatar form another site, hears a tip mate, save the picture to your (hard drive) then upload it to this site, that way you will always have the same avatar without the site crashing and the image disappearing!

But keep that one for now, cute I like it, but where’s his JBL badge?

U r right,thank you my brother
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enought to take away everything from you

JBL 4645
    Northwood

Hay, are you online with MSN, as I have just accepted you to my MSN messenger, fancy a live voice conversation?

JBL 4645
    Northwood

I have taken a little “timeout” to read some back issues of the THX monitor to refreshing my memory with “THX Monitor” the professional monthly reading digest, the information is laid out clearly and in-depth over four pages, the part that I’m is surround loudspeaker layout, also the JBL cinema manual, I just like this stuff, its all good stuff!

Attached Images Attached Images  

JBL 4645

Smile New Year newer plans the Behringer A 500 array!

Inspired by the newly refitted Empire Leicester square which underwent a new makeover this summertime with a brand new THX specification, and with the technologies now on hand at some remarkable low prices at Turnkey, the time now seams right for me to make the next step a reality.

I have plans to install x8 Behringer A 500 over the New Year and finally replace my ole Marantz 1050 and 1030 where they have served a great purpose over the last 17 years and I feel that change is now in order to keep up with the times.

The plan is to go with a multiple configuration design of x8 A 500 Behringer.

x1 Left and Right Stereo
    x2 Left centre Right centre Stereo
    x3 Centre, Upper Centre
    x4 Left side surround right side surround arrays
    x5 Centre back surround array
    x6 Height surround array
    x7 Sub bass extension
    x8 Sub bass LFE.1

Design is pending slight changes if costs change on the A 500 Behringer. but I’ll do my best to keep to the specification.

At £118.99 per amplifier it’s a rather tempting offer.

JBL 4645

"No, No you can’t possibly use x16 JBL control 1's for the surrounds!"

I’m getting that buzzing loving feeling whoa yeah bring it on! Thou the summertime JBL control 1 project was more a less on schedule and thou I pursed the project until I finally complete the surround array off with a further x8 more JBL control 1 which should give me an Empire Leicester square rocking feeling.

The THX baffle wall is one part of it that makes it all come together and work as a whole, this will be one of the other projects that would get fitted somewhere between all this. The materials for this are quite affordable and will give a more solid front sound stage then the sub stranded conventional ones where loudspeakers are just stuck up in front of the room with that hash sound!

"This home JBL THX cinema is now the ultimate power in the neighbourhood, I suggest I use it!"

JBL 4645

Thumbs up JBL home cinema installation part 2 Wintertime project

The JBL Control 1 wintertime surround array project 2 2007!

Well I’ve decided too start early with the surround rather than doing this in the summertime so here it goes for tonight’s project if I can get these two installed for the height surround array which will consist of x10 JBL Control 1 with x4 for each section of the ceiling and finally ending up with just x2 towards the front.

I’ll start of with wall plugging the ceiling and hope they stay up LOL, as it would be quite a bump on the head!

So far the array of just x8 is warm sounding and changes in the soundtrack on Apollo 13 where it cuts from mission control to the command module really changes the size of the surrounds it’s if the sound closes in all around me.

Again starting at just £49.98 for the JBL Control 1 this is one surround project that leaves my friends crawling in the dust!

I’ll replace the exciting height surrounds where there frequency response power handling is a little on the poor side. But they have severed very well since November 2005 where they was installed for Star Wars episode 3 Revenge of the Sith.

Well I have a new set now and by towards the end of the night I should have the height surrounds really starting to take there place wit some very cool sounding effects overhead!

I’ll start in a few hours from now.

JBL 4645

Thumbs up JBL home cinema installation Wintertime project

Well firstly I measured the distance from the coving that goes around the sides of the ceiling from the inside. I have calculated around 26” from the edge of the coving to the first position of the JBL Control 1 height surround and 26” from the back wall this will hopeful place them in position where I can keep adding and adding on more until I reach the required number of x10 height surrounds.

I had to remove the existing height surround one by one.

The tools for the mission

I took the liberty to have a look inside the new JBL Control 1 has this does differ from the earlier models, it appears to be lighter in weight. So I hope it stays put!

Note the difference between this bass mid driver from a later JBL Control 1

JBL 4645

Thumbs up JBL home cinema installation Wintertime project, plus I hate heigts!

I hate heights! What I mean is I’m not too comfortable with heights even at 2ft 2” off the floor I’m terrified. But just think what it’s going to sound like with a matching JBL Control1 surround array and with the heights the timbre matching of sounds will be awesome…

…I will have to patch up the ceiling due to some plaster braking away no big deal a tub of filler does amazing things these days. Cabling will be eventually tidied up with cable ducting fitted to the ceiling as well along the corners and down to each JBL Control 1 surround speaker.

Well here’s what I’ve been up to in the last 2 hours plus!

I had to remove the existing height surround one by one.

Then fit the mounting bracket to the ceiling with x4 screws that I hope bit into the wood that is behind it.

I must say it took 36 minutes alone to fit just x1 JBL Control to the ceiling, god I hope this holds, the site of it makes my skin crawl.

Anyway fitting it was scary for me as I hate heights, getting the (mould nut) was little orchard to attach due to the angle I was in. A small hole is fitted around the (mould nut) with where a pole can be fitted and thus turning it around to tighten it up is made easy.

Step by step I attached the parts to the JBL Control 1 for height surround installation.

Getting close and now wow, the sight of it make me feel dizzy when looking at the picture. Well I said I was going to install height surrounds via a matching array of JBL Control 1 and now that is a reality it’s possible and there it is.

Well I’ve have had a 30 minute break it’s back to work for the next JBL Control 1, which is going to present a tighter difficulty as you will see from the pictures in the next post in the next hour or so.

JBL 4645
    At present I’m running the height surround with just x1 JBL Control 1 in position it sounds awesome with Superman Returns chapters 10 though to 12 startlingly realistic truly breathtaking!

Heavens above what this will finally sound like with x10 JBL Control 1 for the height surrounds, because at the moment it’s butting a huge smile on my face that goes from one side to the other and I haven’t stopped smiling anyway back to work now this is going to be awesome.

Height surrounds is the word.

Thread Information