Thread: Does anyone have the dimensions for the EN5C cabinets?

TimG

Does anyone have the dimensions for the EN5C cabinets?

A friend and I stumbled upon a pair of JBL S20-1 kit speakers and we are trying to figure out the best way to assemble them. They came complete with LE15H, LE85/HL92 with Lens, 077, LX13, and N8000 and amazingly everything works and the foam on the woofers is still excellent.

The plan is to put them into cabinets, sell them, and then build something with a pair of 2407s, 2435s and either 2235H's or LE14H-3's. I found a plan for an 8 cu ft cabinet on hte 1975 kit plans page that was recommended for the LE15A, but we would rather have a cabinet that we can lift. I can't find a picture of an assembled S20-1 anywhere, has anyone seen these before?

They are currently mounted in oak cabinets that are shaped like L300's but the midrange is mounted next to the floor and that doesn't make it easy to audition them properly. When I opened them up, I found that the midrange is up against the rear of the enclosure so my plan to just build new baffles with the horns higher up will not work.

Obsolete
    Cool! You don't run across those LCS kits very often.

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...ead.php?t=2059

I think someone was selling EN5 boxes on eBay not too long ago.

Hi TimG,

Nice score there! Please see this recent thread and check with member Joe about his newly acquired EN5 cabinets; these were the ones for sale on Ebay that Giskard mentioned. Joe should be able to give you accurate measurements of the interior and exterior cab dimensions, he even has the grilles with the lens cutouts. Maybe you two should get together - he's got the cabs, you've got the drivers.

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...ad.php?t=11033

Regards,

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by TimG
    ... then build something with a pair of 2407s, 2435s and either 2235H's or LE14H-3's.
    Cool.

What horns/waveguides you gonna use?

I can get you the dimensions for EN5 cabs easily enough but they are too big to ship except by truck , that's the main reason I got my cabs for only 100 bux the dude wouldn't ship them and their aren't a lot of jbl lovers in these parts.

If you are fine with shipping by truck then I'll get you the dimensions .

If you do a search on S22 you'll see a page from an old jbl cat that has the basic external dimensions listed in a thread entitled "identify this kit".

If you need more exacting specs as you would if you intended to build a perfect replica of the EN5 as opposed to a generic 5 cubic foot box I'll need to know that .

The EN5 box has a number of peculiarities like the fact that the baffle doesn't fit completely down into the cab , there are cross braces , there are 2 ports one of which is blocked off with a piece of masonite , etc ,etc.

It would be a lot of trouble to build exacting replicas ! TRUST ME !

Thread Information