Thread: More garbage pickin'- JBL Urei 6260 +

More garbage pickin'- JBL Urei 6260 +

Not only have I earned the nickname "Fred Sanford" by garbage-picking loads of other people's refuse, I now have other people keeping their eyes and mini-vans open for me. Today, a co-worker brought in some stuff he found at the curb in his neighborhood, I'll be buying him lunch for a little while. In the past, he's garbage-picked an Ampeg SVT head and a Crown DC300 for me. Here's today's list, all untested at this point:

JBL/Urei 6260 Power Amp
    Electro Voice BK-1642 16 channel stereo mixer
    Carvin 722 wedge monitor (missing 12" driver)
    SKB ~12 RU road rack
    Roadie ~12 RU road rack
    Anvil 2 RU road rack
    Kaces KKP-151KB keyboard case

Any experiences to share with the 6260 power amp (yes, I'll be doing a search of this site)? This might be just right to power my two JBL TR225s, since the amp is rated at 300WPC into the 4 ohms of the TR225s.

Thanks,

je

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Sanford
    Not only have I earned the nickname "Fred Sanford" by garbage-picking loads of other people's refuse, I now have other people keeping their eyes and mini-vans open for me. Today, a co-worker brought in some stuff he found at the curb in his neighborhood, I'll be buying him lunch for a little while. In the past, he's garbage-picked an Ampeg SVT head and a Crown DC300 for me. Here's today's list, all untested at this point:

JBL/Urei 6260 Power Amp
    Electro Voice BK-1642 16 channel stereo mixer
    Carvin 722 wedge monitor (missing 12" driver)
    SKB ~12 RU road rack
    Roadie ~12 RU road rack
    Anvil 2 RU road rack
    Kaces KKP-151KB keyboard case

Any experiences to share with the 6260 power amp (yes, I'll be doing a search of this site)? This might be just right to power my two JBL TR225s, since the amp is rated at 300WPC into the 4 ohms of the TR225s.

Thanks,

je
    keep doing what your doing. I wish my neighbors would throw away stuff like that. If they did my name would be lamont -or what fred calls him[dummy]

Just helping to clean up my neighborhood, one curb at a time.

je

Hell yeah, a 6260 should be about perfect for a pair of TR225s. Much more than 300w/ch, and you start blowing up the woofers (they only have 2.5" voice coils, IIRC). About as much volume as can be safely gotten from these speakers. Should sound absolutely fine.

Regards,
    Gordon.

Thanks- I had a Crown DC300 set aside for the TR225 duty (my four Yamaha P2100s aren't rated for 4 ohm loads), but I think the 6260 will get the nod now. I noticed in other posts that there are common issues (and cheap fixes) with these amps, I'll have that checked out thoroughly. Quick bench test sounded great.

As far as the TRs, I'm not real excited about them, but they should have an easy life as the vocal mains in my rehearsal/recording studio. Doubt they'll ever have much more than vox & keyboards through them. The cabinets are pretty sad, I've had to reinforce them on the interior corners and pin the baffle boards into the sides better. Plus, they sat on a damp floor for a little while and sucked up moisture- remember those sponges that used to triple in size when exposed to water? That's what the TR cabs are made of.

Drivers are Eminence 15s and the EON horn, I've been told.

je

JBL 4645
    The JBL Urei, had a few other models like the 6290 now I would mind if someone had lost the plot! And was throwing them out, yeah I’ll take them off your hands for a few bob mate!

Thread Information