Thread: The most awesome set of custom jbl speakers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The most awesome set of custom jbl speakers

Hello guys. as we all know there is a lot of jbl fans out here, and I would like to know which JBL fan built the bigest - butt kickng custom 2 channel stereo speaker system. how small or big is the cabinets. what jbl / altec drivers did you use . did you use more than 1 woofer -etc. also can you post a pictures of it. also for the guys who are in the mix of building the badest custom jbl speaker ever I hope you post as well . I am making a jbl photo album to go on my wall at my new adress, I will be moving at the end of this month. and I want people to see how badd to the bone jbl and their fans are!

Daniels system

:-)

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    this one is pretty neat....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here is the link to "THE ANCIENT AUDIOPHILE'S QUEST FOR THE ULTIMATE HOME SYSTEM"
    http://audioheritage.org/html/perspe...audiophile.htm

Pictured below is a smaller satellite version of this ultimate home system.
    It has taken me nearly two years to get this far along on my quest.
    And there are still some minor tweaks and refinements that I would like to address.
    But, once I have got the satellites done, then I will be able to start on the sub-woofers.
    Drew Daniels describes these speakers as having an effortless, bigger-than-life sonic quality that makes for a very detailed and revealing reproduction of the input signal.
    And even without the sub-woofers, I have to agree on that point. Effortless and bigger-than-life sure sums it up alright.
    It's quite an upgrade from my old 030 system.

Baron030
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Surprised she allows that in the house!...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by gene View Post
    Hello guys. as we all know there is a lot of jbl fans out here, and I would like to know which JBL fan built the bigest - butt kickng custom 2 channel stereo speaker system. how small or big is the cabinets. what jbl / altec drivers did you use . did you use more than 1 woofer -etc. also can you post a pictures of it. also for the guys who are in the mix of building the badest custom jbl speaker ever I hope you post as well . I am making a jbl photo album to go on my wall at my new adress, I will be moving at the end of this month. and I want people to see how badd to the bone jbl and their fans are!
    mine are basically an l300 with 10 cu ft woof cabs.they are pictured in the photo section if you want to check em out.

My gear - from my very first post here!

I have owned JBL horns for over 25 years, this set of 2482/2350. I see most of the posts are about JBL stereo speakers, but they do use some of the same components.
    Currently using a pair of 2482/2350 horns, 2402 tweets, I can't remember the 12" speakers - I think they are E-120, but I bought them w/16 ohm voice coils to keep each cabinet at 8 ohms. They are in Peavey slant monitor cabinets, also over 20 years old. DBX 15" passive subs.
    PSA-2 for the 15", DC 300A II for the 12", DC 300A II for the 2482, Marantz 1060 for the tweets.
    DBX-503 w/wired remote, DBX-100 subharmonic synth as well. A little bit goes a long way with the DBX units, as in less is more, with most music.
    (3) Furman Sound TX-3 X-overs to split it all up.

All the electronics are in a comercial steel rack that I put casters on the bottom of. It's also ugly , but makes it easy to access the gear.

My system sounds best on a hot summer day, outside, when you are about 40' away from it. But I do use it in the house as well, just not cranked up to the "call the cops loud" level.

JBL horns just have a special sound you won't hear from anything else!
    Guy in WNY

Maron Horonzakz
    I dont know why woman think they are the decorater experts. (there not) I remember one gal who thought so,, the sofa upholstery was so vile I had to sit on it so as not to look at it.

The Best 2 Channel?

Gene asked in the first post " I would like to know, which JBL fan built the bigest - butt kickng custom 2 channel stereo speaker system? "

I am impressed that the High End systems are returning to 2 Channels.

Surround sound is great for Movie Theaters and even for THX Home Theaters, but the Grooves on my Albums only have two sides (Right and Left), and my cassettes only use two final tracks (right and left).

Well, The article on Daniel's system takes the wind out of my sails. In Fact all of the systems everyone has shown on here are awesome. The only advantage my system has is the fact that it is Poly Amped (5 different 500 watt amps) all fed by and networked through my computers Itunes Program for a total house experience.

Although each system is dedicated to a different room, they are all playing the same song at the same time through a full array of speaker systems as if they were all receiving their signals from a Tuner/receiver.

Unfortunately the most realistic sounds are reproduced when I play 33 1/3 Albums or Cassette Tapes through my Onkyo stack, but Digital Media still has its moments.

Only one of my systems is Two Channel, the other four systems want to surround me with sound. The Onkyo is by far my best sounding system and I showcase it in my living room.

My Kitchen is wide open and the very best acoustics are enjoyed while listening to the clarity of a piano or the Drums of Santana while cooking.

Individually each system lacks the Awesome Power and refinement of Daniels System.

I can not wait to see what other members will bring to the table on this one. The JBL/Altec Lancing systems that have been available for the last 60 years are enough to blow your mind. Paragons and Model 19's right out of the box trump my systems hands down.

Home Theaters are now being built first and the houses are designed around them. I am excited about your request and anxiously await the next responses to this post.

If I ever get the time I will post pictures, but most of my stuff is bland (Onkyo, Sony, Pioneer, Kenwood and nothing with tubes anymore.)

Ferrari
    In the Panhandle of Florida

Ferrari,

Are all the amps in one place and you run speaker wire to the rooms?

Do the rooms have the amps and you distribute the signal?

It sounds like you have source material on a PC and use Ethernet to distribute it. How does it get back to analog in each room?

By my avatar you see I have many pairs of speakers. And I have many amps. I have not found an economical way to get a single analog source to amps in multiple rooms.
    had L25,L36,L40,L120,L300,AquariusIV(2),S1,4408 have L65,L100,L222,DorianS12,B380

I'm an iTunes fan as well - I currently load songs at 320kbps - have around 12000 songs in the system - but I can only play in my office or feed remotely to my stereo system with the biamped homebrew 4343 clones.
    I really need a computer in the stereo rack to allow me to pick through iTunes better from the media room, but that will come later.

Media room is configured so when I play music its 2 channel, but when I play a movie the other channels kick in automatically to give the surround effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari View Post
    Gene asked in the first post " I would like to know, which JBL fan built the bigest - butt kickng custom 2 channel stereo speaker system? "

I am impressed that the High End systems are returning to 2 Channels.

Surround sound is great for Movie Theaters and even for THX Home Theaters, but the Grooves on my Albums only have two sides (Right and Left), and my cassettes only use two final tracks (right and left).

Well, The article on Daniel's system takes the wind out of my sails. In Fact all of the systems everyone has shown on here are awesome. The only advantage my system has is the fact that it is Poly Amped (5 different 500 watt amps) all fed by and networked through my computers Itunes Program for a total house experience.

Although each system is dedicated to a different room, they are all playing the same song at the same time through a full array of speaker systems as if they were all receiving their signals from a Tuner/receiver.

Unfortunately the most realistic sounds are reproduced when I play 33 1/3 Albums or Cassette Tapes through my Onkyo stack, but Digital Media still has its moments.

Only one of my systems is Two Channel, the other four systems want to surround me with sound. The Onkyo is by far my best sounding system and I showcase it in my living room.

My Kitchen is wide open and the very best acoustics are enjoyed while listening to the clarity of a piano or the Drums of Santana while cooking.

Individually each system lacks the Awesome Power and refinement of Daniels System.

I can not wait to see what other members will bring to the table on this one. The JBL/Altec Lancing systems that have been available for the last 60 years are enough to blow your mind. Paragons and Model 19's right out of the box trump my systems hands down.

Home Theaters are now being built first and the houses are designed around them. I am excited about your request and anxiously await the next responses to this post.

If I ever get the time I will post pictures, but most of my stuff is bland (Onkyo, Sony, Pioneer, Kenwood and nothing with tubes anymore.)

Ferrari
    In the Panhandle of Florida
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thread Information