Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WinISD help

WinISD help

I'm trying to enter values in WinISD and I keep getting floating point errors, and this and that windows errors.

Can someone run these and post the results back. It's for a 21 inch woofer that I'm checking into....Thanks.....

FS 36.7995 Hz
    ZMAX 46.6525 Ω
    R0 16.9610 Hz
    F0 32.3893 Hz
    F1 41.5209 Hz
    FMIN 98.5489 Hz
    QMS 11.0846
    QES 1.6883
    QTS 1.4651
    LE 1.6357mH @ 1 kHz
    XLE 14.5032 impedance @ 1 kHz
    PLR 45.1240 phase @ 1 kHz
    VAS 434.1689 l @ 15.3325 cu. ft

Hi MrMuse
    There must be a bug in the WinISD program that will prevent you from entering values for new drivers and then saving the results. As a work around, I have opened an existing driver’s data file, using the window’s Notepad application. And then I changed the values to match that of a new driver. After editing the file, just make sure to save the file with a ".wdr" extension and not default of ".txt". Otherwise, the WinISD application will not recognize the file as driver data file. It will take a little tinkering to get all of the driver’s values entered correctly. But, this Notepad work around will get the job done.

Baron030

what version are you using? (v.50a7)

Effective diameter (Dd) and Re were all I had to guess at to get a valid T/S set, starting from scratch. (Entered Qes Qms Fs fLe Dd Le and Re only... everything else was auto-calcuated)

(guessed 20" and 11ohms)

Also guessing this is not re a Lansing Product, but a generic DIY question (e.g., General Audio Discussion)

-grumpy

WinISD

Here are captures of the errors. I uninstalled, reldownloaded and reinstalled and it does the same thing....
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I just went straight to the editor (button that looks like a speaker)...
    maybe try it that way, save the new driver you created, -then- open a new project.
    :dont-know

-grumpy

WinISD

Hey Grumpy and Baron,

I can create and save the file. It's not til I open that file that all these errors start popping up...

mrmuse

RIP 2009
    "Floating point" and "access violation" errors sound more like computer errors rather than software errors. Can you try it on a different computer?

John

WinISD

Been there done that. I build those headaches for a living. Tried one other 2.0ghz with XP Pro, and one 1 ghz with Win 98 and did the same thing.

Even uninstalled, re-downloaded the program and reinstalled it.

Still same problem. I'm wondering if another program or my anti virus might be affecting it.

Will install it on another system with fresh XP Pro on it later....

Did anyone else see this speaker I'm trying to figure out?? If not here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

plugged in 6ohms Re instead. Not sure what you're expecting to do with them.
    I'd expect they'd be impressive looking, if not sounding. I wasn't able to fit a
    cabinet type to them very easily (peaky and limited output as a sub)... unless
    I did something =really= wrong. Hope you get WinISD working. -grumpy

BB6P says it wants 75 cuft. closed box for F3 = 30 Hz and Qtc = 1.08.

Think infinite baffle with those parameters.

BB6P chokes on them too; I can't get Qtc below 1.0.

That's why you're getting those errors, looks like....

WinISD help.

This all started as a sub enclosure project using cabs I already had. This is the link to the cabs here in the forum.

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...ad.php?t=10987

Can this 21 inch function in this cabinet?

Internally 24x28x31 is a lot of volume to fill, and I emailed the lister of the 21's about getting a "pair" of them, and his reply with a phone number just said "yes, call me, let's deal".

It's not that I'm cheap or seeking sympathy, but on a limited budget if these could compliment my 4628's why not give them a whack?

I've seen some of these 21's and 24's, but never with any "specs" with them. I remember back in the late 60's or early 70's we were using 2 12 jensens and a 30 inch EV speaker running off a huge 25 watt tube RCA public address amp, and ever since then I wondered what the "next step" would be. In fact I have a friend that still owns one of the 30 inch..

I've got the cabs, but I'd hate to screw them up and not ever give the 21 a decent chance at sounding good. And D*** they are cool looking...

mrmuse

PS. I've emailed the lister and asked for "brand name" and "more specs" so I guess I'm kind of stuck til then...And again everyone, thanks for all the help.......

I tried running it with the numbers given and it didn't make any sense. Getting crazy response curves and huge voulmes. It looks like the program is picking up that the numbers are a bit odd. I am useing the original version of WinIsd not the Pro version. In the original you can plug the numbers right in.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by mrmuse
    QTS 1.4651
    It's simply too high. Useless for horns, not for sealed enclosures or bassreflex to my knowledge..
    Open baffle seems to be the only way. (XMAX?)
    The program should mention "not suitable", that would be the right interpretation for that mistake.
    I don't know the program, you can try it with QTS=0,3 and see what happens.

WinISD

Still nothing from the lister, so I guess it's just wait and see.

Thanks everyone for trying..

mrmuse

For grins I modelled one in an 11ft3 box, set the port for 30-ish Hz, a 3db-bump-2nd-order-high-pass at 30Hz, and a 24dB/oct low pass at 40Hz... Almost looks OK except for group delay (and likely xmax and thermal problems). Given the cost of those electronics and the necessary compromises in the build of drivers at this cost level (if the T/S parameters given are even correct), my personal feeling is you'd get much better (and controllable) sound quality with used/reconed 2241's or something of that ilk in your cabinets. You might get more attention (big/boomy/resonant) with these, however, if that is the goal.

jump around.

-grumpy

Thread Information