Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: help me fill out en5 cabs

That's a very helpful comparison zilch. It does seem to confirm my suspicions that the lighter diaphragm will provide more air , which I like , and probably also cool it down a little . Coz the fram that's in it now is HOT , and that peak at 10k may be what's wearing at my eardrums .

If it sounds "cleaner" I'll do it . That's what it looks like to me. The one that's in it now screams like a banshee.

Many thanks to mr widget as well it was his post on the "lord of the rings " that caused me to start thinking about the light "hifi" diaphragm in the 1st place ! That is one of the best posts on that topic that I have read on this ,or any other forum,.

The "H-1" response peak just above 10 kHz in my results may not be representative; it's not apparent in Mr. Widget's test results.

The "H" (2405 diaphragm) version does seem to have smoother response, and its HF extension is clearly demonstrated in both of our tests....

Presumably, the 2402 diaphragm in "H-1" is more rugged for SR use in 4628B (also 4612B). It's crossed lower in those systems than is recommended for the "H" version, but JBL now recommends the lighter 2405 diaphragm as replacement, even in those systems....

Thread Information