Thread: Can any one Help, L26 Construction.

Can any one Help, L26 Construction.

Hi all, Newbie Here, awesome site for amature like me.

Thanks to a life long friend I have reaquired the components from a set of L26 speakers that I first came upon when I was a teenager, now being in my mid 30's I was completely blown away when he handed them to me on my last visit to Queensland AUS. Sadly the cabinets had long been discarded due to neglect. I thought I had the components from the L26 Decade speakers, but have found some differances & I'm hopeing someone can shed some light or history on what I actually do have.
    The Woofers are Model 125A, Tweeters are Model LE25-4, the I.D Tags say Model L26 & the cross-overs have 2 large coils in them, unlike the Decade but all else looks identical. I am mad keen on resurecting the speakers but have become frustrated at not being able to locate any cabinet dimensions/schematics. Being in Australia the chances of getting hold of some original boxes for L26 speakers is very slim, but being somewhat of a craftsman building a set from scratch would be a joy. Can any one help.

L26 Construction

Thanks very much.

So it does appear that the components came from a set of Decade speakers, were there different variations produced, my Woofers have a concave dust cover & I see they used the LE25-2 Tweeter in the tecnical advice you provided, is there any differance with the LE25-4. Could you recomend a site to aquire the Baffle specs, I do have some pictures of the Decade & could work out component & port locations from these, but wish to make them as original as possible, is there anything else inside the cabinets that I would need to know about for construction.

Cheers.

Thread Information