Thread: 18 TI, L20t, L20T3

18 TI, L20t, L20T3

I having problems searching the site , I am getting blank links even though they work no words. Even when i get to read the words I am still not doing a good search so ......

I am tryng to compare 18ti, l20t and l20t3. On another audioboard archive a well respected speaker repair person I reconize from this board stated something like

the l20t used the the same drivers as the 18 TIs but a lesser XO and cabinets.

It is rated at 100watts while the 18 is rated to 200 watts. I checked on the l20t3 and it is rated at 200. I am trying to find out differences and similarities in these 3 speakers. Should make a center channel out of these? maybe a woofer on each side of the tweeter

I did buy a set of the t3 since i found them until I can get some 18tis

thanks

Mark

I'm pretty sure that there is a problem with the "MAIN" parts of the Lansing website right now - that probably explains why you are having problems if you are looking up specifics in the "Library" part of the site.
    See Don McRitchie's post at: http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...476#post113476

Quote Originally Posted by opimax
    I having problems searching the site , I am getting blank links even though they work no words. Even when i get to read the words I am still not doing a good search so ......

I am tryng to compare 18ti, l20t and l20t3. On another audioboard archive a well respected speaker repair person I reconize from this board stated something like

the l20t used the the same drivers as the 18 TIs but a lesser XO and cabinets.

It is rated at 100watts while the 18 is rated to 200 watts. I checked on the l20t3 and it is rated at 200. I am trying to find out differences and similarities in these 3 speakers. Should make a center channel out of these? maybe a woofer on each side of the tweeter

I did buy a set of the t3 since i found them until I can get some 18tis

thanks

Mark
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thank you Senorita.

The tweeters are different.
    L20T 035Ti
    L20T3 035Tia
    18Ti 044Ti.

Thanks , I saw that after Zilch posted the links, slightly dissapointed. Still probably my best choice til I can find some 18s. I was thinking of using 1 for a center, still not sure what to do in the long run for the center.

On the good side they the same tweeter which is in the L7, which after listening to made go for the 250 TIs to begin with.

I am as usual getting way ahead of myself, don't have any of these speakers at my house yet...I own them but haven't heard 'em yet

Mark

The 035Ti and 035Tia are the same driver, just different positions of the lead wires. They sound the same. The 044T1 is a different driver that mounts from the rear. it has a larger motor assembly and is arguably better.

The Crossover for the systems are varied as well, the object being to change the voicing a bit over the years. THe 4406 is another variant of this series that features the same drivers as the L20T with a front mounted port. There is also a level control for the tweeter. These were the smallest studio monitors at the time JBL offered and were designed for near field use.

I think these are all very good speakers that lend themselves to modification of the crossover well. Search for the biased crossover modification Giskard posted a while back./

Thread Information