Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Using two pair of L100's.

Steve Gonzales

Some nerve

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
    I personally think that the consequences I suffer are much worse.

As for the rest of your post - it's "typical" of your style. My biggest problem with you is that you are WAY too intense and always post from a very personal perspective. That has been a problem right from the very start of your membership. That's just you and obviously you aren't going to change. Some people respond positively to that. I do not.
    Dood, you start off by stating tripe from a completely personal perspective, WTF?. I've watched your "tantrums" time and time again and I'm too intense?. Remember the "Conjugate is wrong meltdown" and countless others?. I do not, nor will I ever get people like you. You bully people and say whatever offensive crap you want, whenever you want, to whomever you want, without serious consequence. I've had countless PM's about Giskard, the grade A-1 Asshole. As for my style, well, I react. I've never set out to belittle or take a cheap shot at someone. That is your style. I'm just tired of your shit. You may hold yourself in high regard, but I guarantee you that you have alienated more good people here than I ever have, if ever, and they don't think much of you. You remind me of that obnoxious, cruel little shitass guard that everyone hated in the movie The Green Mile, you know the one. The lack of being able to moderate your posts and the precedence you set with your over the top bullshit has changed the LHF, not my willingness to stick up for myself and confront you or anyone like you. Anyone that has stood up to you finds out that you get away with just about anything, multiple times and they either like it or leave it. Your "style" has changed the tone of this site and it's more than just me that sees it. I understand why you don't like me and that is cool with me. I'm not going to smack up to you, ever. Call me what you please. Whatever that might be, I believe it is alot better than being you or a wannabe clone of you. I'll be banned or one of your minions will attempt to chastise me for what I'm doing now. You've got nothing to point out about me that you haven't outdone by a factor of ten. Enough of you, I've got to get to work.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Gonzales
    I've got to get to work.
    You probably should have done that BEFORE you posted. As it is you've simply reinforced the fact that you are incapable of understanding much of anything here.
    I do not, nor will I ever get people like you.
    We know. We understand that to be one of your problems. And it's ok. We all have our shortcomings.
    Call me what you please.
    Aggravating. But I also empathize with your position.

Me?

Steve - you are correct. I guess I don't understand really any of your posts. I have tried, but they wander OT and end-up bashing. You are relentless in your quest to try and modify people's behaviors and engage in mud-slinging and name calling. Shame. That will not achieve your goal.

As has been advised here before, members distinguish themselves by the content and style of their posts. It all shows through.

-------

I had a thought last night: The difference in you and me is the difference between precision and accuracy. You strive for precision sound; I strive for a precise and accurate sound. You are happy with high quality drivers doing a great job but with your configurations producing a non-linear, "colored" EQ. The Steve Gonzales EQ. That's cool. But, I don't like anyone's personal EQ. I prefer a linear EQ - a precise accurate frequency response so that my systems (be it live or in the home) add the least coloration possible. It's hard to achieve that and this forum has bunches of tips on how to approach this idea. It's that simple. No harm, no foul.

Whatever ideas, suggestions or experiences I have offered here were merely to share the knowledge I have gained on how to achieve that, and not "settle" for mere precision - but to get the most out of those great JBL drivers and control their performance so as to achieve accuracy near as feasible.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by boputnam
    You are relentless in your quest to try and modify people's behaviors
    You nailed it.
    As has been advised here before, members distinguish themselves by the content and style of their posts. It all shows through.
    Which is why I should never have started posting in the first place due to a lack of patience for the medium coupled with the frustration of trying to get a point across. I simply lack the requisite language skills to post clear and concise paragraphs that can't be misconstrued. So much for A's in Grammar & Composition, Fiction & Non-fiction, and Technical Writing.

Always a Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
    ...a lack of patience for the medium coupled with the frustration of trying to get a point across.
    It's not your fault. Here's a recipe: add some ego, perhaps unwarranted, to a secret need for a personal preference to be validated by those one may secretly consider as "higher" authorities, and what you've got there is explosiveness and imperviousness to reason. Of course, there are any number of non-linear systems that will and do sound "good" to someone, but "good" is a relative term with no intrinsic meaning of its own. All the preference for such systems in the world won't make them linear. Apples are apples, turkeys are turkeys; this whole argument revolves around confusing the one for the other. You can't get a point across, because you're not speaking the same language; facts are not the same as opinions or preferences. You might as well be talking to a wall; if you were, at least you'd get some quality reflection time out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by whizzer
    You might as well be talking to a wall; if you were, at least you'd get some quality reflection time out of it.
    That's there is BOSE talk, Mr!!

(sorry, couldn't resist!)
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

A Direct Reply

That's there is BOSE talk, Mr!!

(sorry, couldn't resist!)
    Well, at least it's direct.

Steve Gonzales

Bo thinks he knows

Steve - you are correct. I guess I don't understand really any of your posts. I have tried, but they wander OT and end-up bashing. You are relentless in your quest to try and modify people's behaviors and engage in mud-slinging and name calling. Shame. That will not achieve your goal.

-------

I had a thought last night: The difference in you and me is the difference between precision and accuracy. You strive for precision sound; I strive for a precise and accurate sound. You are happy with high quality drivers doing a great job but with your configurations producing a non-linear, "colored" EQ. The Steve Gonzales EQ. That's cool. But, I don't like anyone's personal EQ. I prefer a linear EQ - a precise accurate frequency response so that my systems (be it live or in the home) add the least coloration possible. It's hard to achieve that and this forum has bunches of tips on how to approach this idea. It's that simple. No harm, no foul.

Whatever ideas, suggestions or experiences I have offered here were merely to share the knowledge I have gained on how to achieve that, and not "settle" for mere precision - but to get the most out of those great JBL drivers and control their performance so as to achieve accuracy near as feasible.
    Where in the world have I ever posted about E.Q.? The Steve Gonzales E.Q.?. I thought as a Minion, you would at least try to post something that had a basis in fact. So now you've heard my system? You can speculate all you want. You don't have a leg to stand on Knuckle Head Jr. You took the time to dissect my earlier post and I responded. Pure and Simple. You get that mixed up so often Bo, there is a difference between instigation and response. And how come when Giskard has a meltdown, your "wisdom" is always absent?. Afraid he'll turn that septic tank on you?. The Master and his Dog?. Same ol' song and dance. The Pathetic Duo. You assume alot, but that is what you do so well, why stop now?. I am secure in the knowledge that nothing I would ever say in a response to you clowns would ever come close to the shit Giskard has spewed in offence. He will FOREVER hold that distinction and birds of a feather, flock together. Now there's a feather in your cap, Bo.

Steve, I believe you have a point, but you ruin your argument by resorting to name calling. While "Master and his dog", and "Pathetic Duo" may feel good to say, you are actually crossing the line here.

Widget

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget
    Steve, I believe you have a point, but you ruin your argument by resorting to name calling. While "Master and his dog", and "Pathetic Duo" may feel good to say, you are actually crossing the line here.
    Just ignore him as per Don. You can't win Mr. Widget. He has Evereadies in that mouth of his.

Steve Gonzales
    [quote=Giskard]Just ignore him as per Don. . If you only had a clue as to the number of times people have been told to do this very thing concerning you!. You ARE THE KING!.

I think we are done here. I hope Mr. Raiser was able to get something of value from this thread... but we seem to be on to a new series of topics. I am going to close this thread.

If you guys want to start a new thread discussing the effectiveness of ignoring each other go right ahead.

Widget

Thread Information