Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JBL D130F speaker cone question

Quote Originally Posted by BluesForDan
    thank you very much for the help, although it was not anticipated that this wasn't what I thought it was. Or I should say, what I was lead to believe it to be. It was sold to me to be an original cone JBL D130F. It could be the guy selling it thought it was original, he took it out of an old fender amp.

So now its a recone, with an E130 kit. What is it worth now? I'm almost afraid to ask, since I'm likely taking a bath on it as it is. I've got somebody interested, and I want to tell him straight up what it is.
    It's absolutely a recone job, using a JBL recone kit, but it sure as hell wasn't done by JBL. In the old days, anyone at the factory doing that bad a job would be taken out and tied to the railroad tracks behind the building.

I'm 100% with edgewound on this; it's a JBL recone kit, probably an E-130. The rubber/cork compound gasket looks right, just very badly put on.

from what I can glean from ebay, 125-150 for a reconed D130F sound about right?

Quote Originally Posted by BluesForDan
    thank you very much for the help, although it was not anticipated that this wasn't what I thought it was. Or I should say, what I was lead to believe it to be. It was sold to me to be an original cone JBL D130F. It could be the guy selling it thought it was original, he took it out of an old fender amp.

So now its a recone, with an E130 kit. What is it worth now? I'm almost afraid to ask, since I'm likely taking a bath on it as it is. I've got somebody interested, and I want to tell him straight up what it is.
    Hey Dan...

FWIW....as long as the speaker works right...clean...it's a better driver than when it was born. It is JBL parts and an upgrade at that..although cosmetics should be alot better. Any thing is worth what someone is willing to pay. With that said it should be worth around $150.00 give or take a few. A new recone costs $194.00. Yours looks to be in decent condition...not pristine but if it sounds good...it is fine. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Maybe the guy you got it from considered that it had JBL parts, it was original and not aftermarket.
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

Thread Information