Thread: JBL DX-1 Input/Output Cards

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

JBL DX-1 Input/Output Cards

Does anyone or can anyone provide photos of the Input/Ouput cards that plug inside JBL's External DX-1 Crossover?

I'm chasing Input/Output cards made for JBL's XPL-200 speakers.

These Input/Ouput cards are like personality cards made for a particular speaker for use in the crossover kits.

I'm also chasing the schematics to build these input/output cards and if anyone has any blanks or any to sell, I would like to hear from you.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Cheers
    Pasadena

Re: JBL DX-1 Input/Output Cards

I have attached a schematic for the DX-1, which includes the LF and HF input/output cards, which I just received.

The question is, for which type of speaker is this setup for or is this schematic a general circuitry layout of the DX-1 board altogether?

I know JBL introduced Input/output cards for a numbers of speakers including the XPL-200's, which I'm interested in and including the K2 series of speakers plus others as well.

Does anyone of someone who has DX-1's and are able to offer pictures of what these input/output cards look like?

I will be in possession of a digital camera very shortly so I'll post pictures of the DX-1's I have, inlcuding the PCB board.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here are some JBL DX-1 Specs!!!!

Orignal brochure of the JBL DX-1 active crossover

When the DX-1 was a saleable item, it used to come with a set of input/output cards installed.

I'm sure that the DX-1 was originally made for the XPL-200 speakers and later on JBL released cards to suit other speakers.

I was offered a set of DX-1's with K2 personality cards but since I already have a pair of DX-1's I didn't justify buying another 2 DX-1's and shipping them half way around the world.

Giskard - I'd be interested to see what you come back with!

Cheers
    Pasadena

The schematic I uploaded does provide the schematic for the input/output cards.

Now it's a matter of finding out what speaker in the schematic the cards were made for........my guess is that since the DX-1 was made for the XPL-200's, I'd imagine they are in fact for the 200's.

The crossover frequencies for the XPL-200's are 300hz, 1.1khz and 4.5khz, if this of any help.

Cheers
    PAsadena

Hi, I have the M9500 and in the manual it says the correct crossover to use is the DX-1. May I know if there is a dedicated set of cards to be used for the M9500 or it’s just a generic crossover card with 650 hz with 18db slope? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ngccglp View Post
    Hi, I have the M9500 and in the manual it says the correct crossover to use is the DX-1. May I know if there is a dedicated set of cards to be used for the M9500 or it’s just a generic crossover card with 650 hz with 18db slope? Thanks.
    Specific card, not generic. Do a DX-1 search the schematics are available on the site. There are more on the site this should get you started.

https://www.audioheritage.org/vbulle...1-for-K2-S9500

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Thank you Rob.

Thread Information