Thread: JBL Studio Master L200 Speakers

Jeff

JBL Studio Master L200 Speakers

I have downsized my stereo system and have 2 JBL L200 speakers in excellent condition that my wife is wanting me to sell. This is a difficult thing because I love these speakers and I have had them for over 30 years. I told her I would only sell them if I didn't have to give them away because they are in such good condition and of such high quality. What would the value of these speakers be in today's market for someone looking for speakers like this in excellent condition? Any help is appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch
    L200's are bringing $600 - $1200, depending upon the seller's awareness of the value of the parted-out components.
    Willingness to part them out... not necessarily awareness... I expect many of the DIY projects that people have built using the parts from former L200s are not as well designed as the original.

Try to keep them whole and let someone else experience the joy these L200s have given you.

Widget

L200 Studio Masters

There are still some of us that have an affection for the L200. Although not the most accurate of the JBLs, it has for me a a special sound all it's own, that I still find enjoyable. Hope you are able to find someone who will appreciate them.

AL

majick47

L200

From casual observation of the esculating prices of the larger JBL speakers (L300/4343 etc) the L200 and L200b are also now commanding higher prices and we will hopefully soon see the end of "parting out" of JBL speakers in good mechanical/physical condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    I have downsized my stereo system and have 2 JBL L200 speakers in excellent condition that my wife is wanting me to sell. This is a difficult thing because I love these speakers and I have had them for over 30 years. I told her I would only sell them if I didn't have to give them away because they are in such good condition and of such high quality. What would the value of these speakers be in today's market for someone looking for speakers like this in excellent condition? Any help is appreciated!
    Hi and welcome to the forum! If you could let us know where you live maybe a local member would be interested? They are great on their own and a perfect platform for DIY projects!. Ask Zilchster, he has done some awesome things with his! Good luck and, I'm sure it is a painful decision to sell them! For me personally, I think it would be a sin to part them out!

Jeff
    Thanks everyone for such great feedback. We live in the Richmond, Virginia area - but I think my wife has agreed that we will keep our JBL speakers and the Mark Levinson amplifier for a possible move in the near future. If the move doesn't happen I will have to put a lot more thought into selling them. It's nice to hear other opinions that these are great speakers and will last a lifetime.

Again, thanks for all the feedback!

Jeff

Thread Information