Thread: Need help identifying these

Need help identifying these

I have these on ebay and I am not sure if they are the G2's or regular eon. I listed them as the older model and not the G2's. I had a bidder who won the first auction but refused to pay because he said his wife thought they were the G2's. I just had an email telling me that if the speakers are the actual one's in the photograph's that they are indeed G2's.Could you guy help me out here as I don't really know what I got.If they are G2's then they are currently listed for too little. I can not find any eon's that have the same rear panels. On mine there are two boards with 4 knobs each.The eon g2 has one panel. I can't seem to locate these any where.Thanks! Jim

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5107&rd=1&rd=1

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjames View Post
    I have these on ebay and I am not sure if they are the G2's or regular eon. I listed them as the older model and not the G2's. I had a bidder who won the first auction but refused to pay because he said his wife thought they were the G2's. I just had an email telling me that if the speakers are the actual one's in the photograph's that they are indeed G2's.Could you guy help me out here as I don't really know what I got.If they are G2's then they are currently listed for too little. I can not find any eon's that have the same rear panels. On mine there are to boards with 4 knobs each.The eon g2 has one panel. I can't seem to locate these any where.Thanks! Jim

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5107&rd=1&rd=1
    Those are first generation EON's, not G2's. All G2's have the "EON" letters pressed on to the grille. Look on this "The Original EON Series" link and you will find the EON model you have listed.

The buyer's wifey is sooooooooo wrong! And you can tell her I said so!

JBL Dog
    kingjames:

Have you considered listing these separately? This particular model is popular with solo acts that like the fact it has a built-in mixer and only have the need for one speaker to serve the dual purpose of a main and monitor. I tried to buy a few of these in the tent a while back. Someone got to them before me

Thanks guys.Ya, the wife story was I want to leave him negative feedback but I know he will retaliate and screw up my perfect feedback score.

I never thought about listing them separately. Maybe I will do that later today.

Jim,
    You can file an unpaid dispute. Here you go.

Unpaid Item Policy

Buyers automatically enter into a legally binding contract to purchase the item from the seller if they win the online auction or use the Buy It Now feature. eBay's Unpaid Item policy requires buyers to pay the seller for the items that they commit to purchase.
    Sellers can file an Unpaid Item dispute with eBay for each of their items that are purchased but not paid for. eBay will issue a strike on the account of the buyer who does not honor their obligation to pay (unless the buyer and seller mutually agree not to complete the transaction).
    Note: If a buyer gets too many strikes in too short a time period, their account will be suspended indefinitely. In some cases, limits may be placed on the buyer’s account in advance of suspension.

J/S-S1A

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceoneaudio View Post
    Jim,
    You can file an unpaid dispute. Here you go.

Unpaid Item Policy

Buyers automatically enter into a legally binding contract to purchase the item from the seller if they win the online auction or use the Buy It Now feature. eBay's Unpaid Item policy requires buyers to pay the seller for the items that they commit to purchase.
    Sellers can file an Unpaid Item dispute with eBay for each of their items that are purchased but not paid for. eBay will issue a strike on the account of the buyer who does not honor their obligation to pay (unless the buyer and seller mutually agree not to complete the transaction).
    Note: If a buyer gets too many strikes in too short a time period, their account will be suspended indefinitely. In some cases, limits may be placed on the buyer’s account in advance of suspension.

J/S-S1A
    source is right. If you choose not to leave NF, file an unpaid item with eBay. When you do that, leave a little note saying that JBL Dog says "your wifey is F-O-S!"

If BIN was used, you have already paid around $36 in final value fees based on a $600 purchase. I would think you want to get that back.

I know you want to protect perfect feedback. However, you have to let the eBay community know about the flakes!

Good luck!

Not G2

An EON15 G2 actually says "EON15 G2" on the back panel. JBLDog is correct in that the G2 line has EON stamped in the grill.

Read all about it here:

http://www.jblpro.com/eong2/index.htm
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

Edgewound, I already checked` that link before I posted here. I just couldn't find the same back panels that are on these that I have.I think all you guys are right and these are the 1st generarion Eon.Thanks! for all your help.

JBL Dog
    I want to leave him negative feedback but I know he will retaliate and screw up my perfect feedback score.
    I just tracked down the sale the guy backed out on. He has less than 10 feedback. A non-paying bidder strike could have serious impact on him. eBay may put restrictions on his account or kick him off. Also, without threatening NF (an eBay no-no), I would ask the deadbeat bidder to pay your relisting fees. Hit him with a nasty/nice e-mail every other day, he'll eventually wear down and pay you something.

I had one incident a few years ago were I accidently activated buy-it-now. I immediately offered to pay all associated fees (final value, relisting, etc.). It ended up costing me about $20, but it was the right thing to do. The seller was happy he wasn't left hanging, I didn't get a Non-pay strike.

If it was me, I would would leave NF if he's not willing to work with you to recoup some of your loses. I understand retaliation will ruin your 100% rating. I can assure you anyone looking at the exchange of feedback will know this guy and his wifey are a couple of flakes. Your rating will be roughly 99.4%, his will will around 83%. Non-pay NF on a new account will put the buyer on tons of blocked bidder lists (he's already on mine). I have always left NF when it's deserved (about 10 times in over 600 transactions). I've have had retaliatory NF one time.

Good luck!

JBLDOG, I just emailed him and asked him to pay the relisting fees. I already blocked him from further bidder on anything that I offer on ebay.
    Then at the time the feedback expires for this transaction I will smack him with a NF. If he fails to respond then I will file for an unpaid item. Thanks! Jim

JBL Dog
    JBLDOG, I just emailed him and asked him to pay the relisting fees. I already blocked him from further bidder on anything that I offer on ebay.
    Then at the time the feedback expires for this transaction I will smack him with a NF. If he fails to respond then I will file for an unpaid item. Thanks! Jim
    kingjames:

Regardless if you go after the relisting fees, you ABSOLUTELY have to file an unpaid item claim. That's the only way you'll recover your $17 (or thereabouts) final value fee. You'll should be able to that within 8 days of the end of the auction. If he doesn't complete the transaction, you get your final value fees back and he gets an unpaid item strike. I would then IMMEDIATELY hit him with NF. So what if he retaliates. You will not suffer any damage. I have the utmost respect for any seller that leaves NF when it deserved and would not hesitate to do business with them.

Good luck!

Thread Information