Thread: studio l880

studio l880

What i have read the l 880 goes quite deep,down to 32hz when sterophile magazine reviewed this speaker.That's better then the s312,in a medium size room hooked up to a hafler xl600,that music concepts hot roded to over 300 per channel should sound close to full range.But i haven't listened to the l880 or the 890,which some of you have.it seem's like good bang for the buck for two channel.

I had the 880 and upped to the 890s. In my opinion, both are full range but the 890 has a fuller and warmer sound. I am only using a pio 84 to drive them and they sound really good. I have not done any metered reading on them but they both get pretty good bass. The 890 is noticeably deep though. After listening to both of them, it's hard to tell the difference if you use a good balanced sub with the 880s. Yes, my ears have told me that this is a lot of bang for the buck. Hope this helps. I know a couple of pretty good dealers do so PM me if you need some help.

Bang for the buck

I almost shed a tear when I saw this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-JBL-Studio-L...QQcmdZViewItem

Quote Originally Posted by aht3 View Post
    I almost shed a tear when I saw this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-JBL-Studio-L...QQcmdZViewItem
    I take it your dealers can't beat that? That's an unbelievable price, as in, I don't believe it. I'd want to check if it's an authorized dealer.

Their ebay stores says they specialize in JBL among others. There's a ton of JBL product there, and Harman, too.

http://stores.ebay.com/The-E-Warehouse-Store

authorized or not

You can't beat that price.

Guys. No you can't. I got my 810s for $259 (pr), 820s for $309 (pr) and my LC2 for $249 from these guys. I emailed the guy Dan to verify the price and he said it was for the pair. On another note, their boxes don't have that "not stored properly" look.I hope they get some L series in one day. I really want to hook up my living room. MSRP is still a bit tall for me.

MJC
    It has been suggested, mentioned, or asked, by others, if JBL was quietly closing out the Studio L series. In fact someone sent me a PM @ AVS asking that very question. I personally have no knowledge on the subject, one way or the other.
    Maybe that's the reason for the low prices.
    The best that I know is that it seemed to be that Fry's was selling so many of them that their stock was sold as fast as they were getting them last summer.
    From what I saw JBL premiering during CES, online, systems that were well under the price point, and size of the Studio L 880, 890. It would seem that there is more than enough market for all.
    Consider the MSRP difference between the Studio L series and the PS, if JBL was dropping the Studio L and everything new was less the gap between those series and the PS would be huge. It would leave a very large market untapped.

John

I attached your last post to the Studio L Series thread.

TD

Thread Information