Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: "The Widgets" update

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    It's a shame to put that up against a wall.

Widget
    Well for an obsessive person like myself, the back is the only side not covered by a single sheet of veneer. You can see the seam about 1/3 down from the top. I tried to get a good match but I know its there. At least I only used two pieces and that allowed me to glue and then make the cutouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardsweb View Post
    Well for an obsessive person like myself, the back is the only side not covered by a single sheet of veneer. You can see the seam about 1/3 down from the top. I tried to get a good match but I know its there. At least I only used two pieces and that allowed me to glue and then make the cutouts.
    Now that you told me I see it... I think

Quote Originally Posted by badman View Post
    ACK!!!!!!!!!!!1111111oneoneone

Test your port tuning wards, those are very close to the wall for vents. You may find that you are getting a lot of extra output around Fb.

What's great about this is that you can then stuff the box a little more, and line or lightly stuff the ports, and ditch some of the BR ripple.

You are right, 40 - 50 cm from the wall should be normal, when the ports are in the back. Just like JBL recommended for the K2-S9800

Quote Originally Posted by Wardsweb View Post

Very nice work, you did a great job! Congratulations!

Also the 2235H is, I think one of the best JBL woofers, a very good choice for these cabinets, I don't know the dimensions of the cabinets, but from the picture, they look a little to small for the 416-8C.

Thread Information