Thread: 3way system utilising LE8T..

3way system utilising LE8T..

g'day, im new to posting here in the forums. i recently picked up a pair of LE8T's with PR's (which i may not use) but im thinkin of making a 3 way system using the LE8T's as a midbass (maybe 80hz to 10khz) and using a pair of 123a's with black cones as the woofers. im still debating what to use for the tweeters, but im thinkin of using either aluminium/titanium domes or a UHF tweeter such as a bi-radial horn such as a 2404H. i got plently of time to still plan what i need, but any suggestions to help. thanx u all in advance

Welcome to the forum!

I would look at JBL's dome tweeters as the efficiency levels you are working with are pretty close to the same.

Try finding 035/044/etc....

Ron

I'd agree with the recommendation of 035Tia, or something similar, for the tweeter- a good dome.

As for the bass- a 123A would be fine, but I'd use it in a significantly bigger box, than the L100. Something like a cabinet the size of an L100T (3 cubic feet) would be better. A big floor-standing cabinet, in other words.

Regards,
    Gordon.

thanks for the advise guys, im look around on ebay for the the domes, i can find a pair of 034's and a pair of 035Ti, but one of the Ti is damaged, so i not bothering for that yet. so whats the SQ difference between the aluminium and the titanium? im quite attracted to the look of the titanium ones, but i not heard them yet

well, i recently just bought a pair of 044Ti's that came out of a pair of 250Ti's which i should be getting in the next few weeks!! and now my plan is to make a crossover i have no idea where to start due to the fact there are soo many websites with graph on what caps and inductors to use, but they all have various values on diferent websites. im thinking of running a 3rd order with zobel (my mate suggested the zobel filter) but i need to see a simple diagram or the easiest way to connect the right components up. it's gonna be a 3 way x-over with the x-over points of 80hz-10khz for the LE8T (yes it's a weird design, but everyone starts off somewhere with experimenting )

I'm not sure how weird that is. You might try looking at some of the Basszilla links. You are describing different drivers, but the concept of the "full range" mid range is the same. Dicks' speakers use the mid range in an open baffle configuration, very un JBL like but there are those that like them. good luck.

Just Received my 044Ti's!!! THEY'RE FARKIN HUGE!!!!!! havnt tested them yet, but i will once i have x-overs for them. there mite be a plan change to the LE8T's as i mite not use these, but yeah.

Thread Information