Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's on your JBL To-Do List?

(1) Find a nice set of original Hartsfields

(2) Create monster system using Hartsfields as left and right channels, Paragon as center channel, and Olympus as left and right rear channel speakers. All powered by Mcintosh tube amps

(3) Mix very stiff drink and enjoy.
    Paragon
    Olympus
    L-100's
    4311's

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Where about in Virgina?

My list still includes re-foaming four 128H and two PR-300s, then maybe rebuilding the N2400s in the 030s.
    Near Harrisonburg, VA. Stunning views of the Blue Ridge right from my front door:

http://tinyurl.com/yzgm8j

http://tinyurl.com/wenlm

You near DC?

je
    Last edited by Fred Sanford; 01-14-2007 at 01:28 PM. Reason: 'nother pic

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard View Post
    I sure hope you got them already. They were delivered on the 10th.
    31.9 lbs. Jan 10, 2007 11:38 AM Delivered Little Neck, NY Signed for by LSCAATC
    They're at Scott's shop in Little Neck, I didn't get back from VA until the 12th. I'm picking them up from him this Tuesday and heading down to VA again Wednesday. Thanks for the efforts.

je

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Sanford View Post
    Near Harrisonburg, VA. Stunning views of the Blue Ridge right from my front door:

http://tinyurl.com/yzgm8j

http://tinyurl.com/wenlm

You near DC?

je
    Dang - that looks like the kind of views I see on Rt 33, west of Harrisonburg!
    Seen any Mennonites going by?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

My list still includes re-foaming four 128H and two PR-300s, then maybe rebuilding the N2400s in the 030s.
    Well your not alone. At least I have the MDF ready and the router and Jasper ready to go. The last 2 weekends have not been good at all. I have to cut outside so until I get a rain free weekend that isn't in the 30's I can't do too much. I will finally get the boxes cut for my Le-14H-3. Still trying to figure out how to build the lower box to cover all the bases. Not sure if I can pull this off but it will be fun trying so what the hell. I plan on having 3 HF heads and the driver spacing and layout are all different, Figuring out a base that will work with all 3 isn't as easy as it sounds and still have it look decent. I would love to be doing the TOTL 2 way but I have too much commited with new and freshly reconned drivers to stop now.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Dang - that looks like the kind of views I see on Rt 33, west of Harrisonburg!
    Seen any Mennonites going by?
    Actually, that's almost exactly where I'm moving (just South of 33, but a touch East of 81). I see the West Virginia mountains from my driveway, the Blue Ridge from my front door. Massanutten is over the hilltop from me, can't see it 'til I leave my property but it's right up behind my house.

Wayne, the friend that does the wood work for me, is a Mennonite. He's married to my first girlfriend, actually; that kind of makes things interesting.

je

Actually, that's almost exactly where I'm moving (just South of 33, but a touch East of 81). I see the West Virginia mountains from my driveway, the Blue Ridge from my front door. Massanutten is over the hilltop from me, can't see it 'til I leave my property but it's right up behind my house.

Wayne, the friend that does the wood work for me, is a Mennonite. He's married to my first girlfriend, actually; that kind of makes things interesting.

je
    Gayle's market over in those parts is the best place for nice crumbly salt-cured Virginia ham. That would be in Penn Laird on east 33 - past Harrisonburg headed towards Massanutten, not quite to Elkton.

We live in Fairfax, but we were down that way around Christmas - beautiful country! I'd like to retire out that way - there or near Staunton ...
    You moving down for good, or building vacation property?
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Gayle's market over in those parts is the best place for nice crumbly salt-cured Virginia ham. That would be in Penn Laird on east 33 - past Harrisonburg headed towards Massanutten, not quite to Elkton.

We live in Fairfax, but we were down that way around Christmas - beautiful country! I'd like to retire out that way - there or near Staunton ...
    You moving down for good, or building vacation property?
    I'll have to go to Gayle's, thanks for the info. Hank's BBQ is right along there, too, right?

Did you see the live Nativity on Port Road when you were down for Christmas? I've got camels for neighbors!

We're down for good, we hope. 20+ years of 55-70 hours a week in the NYC ratrace, hoping I can get something fun but 9 to 5ish so I can enjoy the countryside after hours...we'll see. Probably still in the AV industry, but who knows.

My favorite ex-client gave me 4 VIP tickets & backstage passes to the Red Hot Chili Peppers in Charlottesville when he heard I was leaving. Sweet.

je

Finally finish my listening room. And then re-finish my C-31 corner speaker to match the Blond 1.

J.A.F.S.

subwoofer build

I WILL finish the 4688 clone subwoofers THIS YEAR...
    Amazed I'm still alive!
    Tim

Jbl to do list

My list is simple. I will mix myself a sturdy Bombay Gin martini, walk into my listening room, power up my Krell KSA250s amp, KBL preamp, SBP64x D/A converter and MD-1 CD turntable, sit down, relax, turn up the volume and revel in the sound of my fully upgraded (crossovers) L220's, L45's, L55's, L212's or Altec Model Nines. I believe I will start with the L220's. Life is good with JBL....
    Last edited by zipplok; 01-14-2007 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Forgot about my L212's

RIP 2009
    My list - 'got all the parts, just need the time:

Finish grilles to complete "Mini" 4425's
    Build a pair of "sub" cabinets with LE14A's to use with PT800's
    Build a pair of cabinets for a small PA using either 2226H/2247J/2381 or 2206H/2447J/PT-H95 (or build both pairs...)
    Build 2 or 3 stage monitor cabinets using 2206/2426J/little PT horns
    Build a pair of custom 4-ways using Sub1500/2012H/2105H/2405H
    Build a new cabinet for bass guitar using Sub1500/E110
    Build trapezoidal cabinets designed by Zilch
    Refoam several 116H-1's for a bunch of 4408's (then sell)
    Refoam a pair of 115H-1's to finish off L15's (then sell)
    (Maybe) Refoam a pair of LE14A's in S99's (and sell)
    Move components from 4612OK's to empty 4612B's (and maybe sell)

SELL a bunch of other speakers, once I decide which I like best for main listening.
    Choices so far:
    4430's
    XPL200A's/DX-1 (maybe with a pair of matching XPL140A's)
    Performance PT800's (with LE14A's)

SELL:
    A pair of 4315A's
    A pair of good L65A's and a pair of L65's for parts
    A pair of HLS-820's and a pair of HLS610's
    A pair of 4628B's (maybe)
    A pair of MR922's
    All kinds of other JBL odds n' ends

Keep a bunch of other JBL's for other rooms (L20T's, L60T's, 4408A's, L3's)

That stuff should keep me busy for a few years...

John

You near DC?
    No, actually. Just west of Thomas Jefferson's Charlottesville, about ten minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive. Welcome to my beautiful adopted (33-years ago) state. 70º today, the dogwoods are getting blossoms and the daffodils are coming up; we'll pay for it later!

Back to the topic: I did get something related done though. I got my PS-400 from Subwoof and got the rack-mount handles painted to match and the amp up and running powering the 4412As. I thought they had a lot of bass before!

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    No, actually. Just west of Thomas Jefferson's Charlottesville, about ten minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive. Welcome to my beautiful adopted (33-years ago) state. 70º today, the dogwoods are getting blossoms and the daffodils are coming up; we'll pay for it later!
    Not sure why I thought I remembered you in the DC area, sorry if I startled you! We're practically neighbors, then- thanks for the welcome. I may be taking a job in C'ville, if I think I can stand the commute. We'll see. I'm really enjoying my time down there so far (28 trips since buying the house...I've got a LOT of stuff).

je

I may be taking a job in C'ville, if I think I can stand the commute. We'll see.
    That's bound to be an hour commute if you drive fast. It takes me about 45 minutes as I recall and that doesn't count the in-town part. All depends on where you're headed. This area is growing way too fast and, as a Dillon Rule state, there's nothing the municipalities can do to pay for the growth so traffic is becoming the top complaint of Virginia citizens. PM me if I can be of any help.

Thread Information