Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: L50 Purchase

There are also several threads here outlining how to repair the crushed cabinet corners.

Another option is to watch for some parted-out ones locally, or at least close enough where you can go get them. Contact any seller that's listing the components. They may be planning on tossing the cabinets.

I'm really sorry that happened to you. Same deal here. I no longer trust that speakers, that's drivers OR systems, are gonna get here safely unless the sender REALLY packs them well.

I perceive that the carrier claims adjusters take considerable pleasure in writing "Denied - inadequate packaging" over and over again....

RIP 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstereo
    I never said that I thought that bubble wrap was adequate for shipping heavy items. I was merely stating how they were packed.
    I hope you weren't interpreting my comment as blaming you - I was definitely blaming the seller!

John

majick47

L50

I'm sorry to hear the L50 were damaged and I count my blessings that all my speakers arrived undamaged. With each transaction I made it very clear to the seller that the speakers had to be packaged like they were going to be air dropped from 1,000 feet and all complied with heavy duty packaging. From the description of the packaging the seller deserves some very serious NEGATIVE feedback.

Good News!

The seller has refunded 150.00 to my pay pal account. All is well. For all you hockey fans out there, GO SABRES!

RJ

Quote Originally Posted by johnaec
    I hope you weren't interpreting my comment as blaming you - I was definitely blaming the seller!

John
    John,
    No way dude, not at all. There has been happy ending to all this anyhow. I hate to see any JBL's get damaged whether they be L50's or K2's, but I got a little over half the cost back so I'm ok with it now and I'll leave a positive feedback for the seller.

RJ

Your seller did the honorable thing and worked out an equitable settlement so that both of you can move on.

I had the same situation with an Apt amplifier shipped, Fed Ex did the packing and it was completely inadequate for the task. Having the digital camera at the ready to document how things were packed and how they looked upon initial unpacking and inspection goes a long way to getting sellers and shippers to own up to their indescretions.

I'm very happy for you, hopefully the L50's will sing well while you plan their eventual ding repairs.

Salud!

Regards,

Bart

That is great news you and the seller worked thing's out and that is good business.

Thread Information