Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: The JBL 4345 Club

Damn! Those could only be prettier in person.

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

4345 final pics

Final pics, Oak finish with bees wax (darkened). Offboard xover. No lens (yet).
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Beautiful Work!

Congratulations on your success.
    The cabinets are stunning and your attention to details is superb.

There seems to be a need for guidance and technical advise on all manner of things associated with these systems. A lot of information is now buried, fragmented or dated as time marches on.

To that end l want to put it out there l am available for few hours a week in these uncertain times to work through any specific requests for assistance. I thought it might be interesting to try face to face conversations via Zoom or one of the other systems or What’s App. Too much is lost in an email or a post.

So, if you see this post and wish to figure something out send me a pm.

Been awhile since I've been on the forum!

I still have my 4345s, but I'm not sure for how long. About to undertake a cross-country move, and the topic has been broached in my household of moving them on.

I'm surprised at myself for even considering it. Someone talk me out of it?

I would move them on to the new listening room in your new house! I would get them there, see how they work in the new space and then make the decision. Once they are gone finding another pair??

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Quote Originally Posted by brad347 View Post
    I can understand your quandary. I recently built a new house I'd always planned to design around a large pair of JBLs and my 4345s are now sitting where I hope never to have to move them. At age 68, I hope to be here forever. My move was only across the street, basically. But if you do decide to let them go, count me in for double what you paid for them and I'll pick them up!

Good luck with the decision.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by brad347 View Post
    Been awhile since I've been on the forum!

I still have my 4345s, but I'm not sure for how long. About to undertake a cross-country move, and the topic has been broached in my household of moving them on.

It depends on the issue?

Is it moving them or is there an existing objection?

They will dominate most rooms so it is what it is.

If you can name the room they are going in as your room that might work....Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    There seems to be a need for guidance and technical advise on all manner of things associated with these systems. A lot of information is now buried, fragmented or dated as time marches on.

To that end l want to put it out there l am available for few hours a week in these uncertain times to work through any specific requests for assistance. I thought it might be interesting to try face to face conversations via Zoom or one of the other systems or What’s App. Too much is lost in an email or a post.

So, if you see this post and wish to figure something out send me a pm.
    -----------------------------

That is a very kind and generous offer !

It depends on the issue?

Is it moving them or is there an existing objection?

They will dominate most rooms so it is what it is.

If you can name the room they are going in as your room that might work....Lol.
    Thanks everyone!

Yeah, honestly it's the prospect of moving them from NYC to Los Angeles that's got my wife and I thinking.

I do enjoy the speakers, although I have to admit--heresy here--lately I've been getting more enjoyment from the ATC SCM110ASL pair in the Northward Acoustics room at my studio (which I'll sadly be located on the opposite coast from, for awhile)

I do have a space in our new place that's already built out as a music production room, but these 4345s were always my "listen for enjoyment" speakers. Though frankly, I haven't had as much time for that lately, as I pretty much listen for a living these days.

So my quandary is... pay through the nose to move 500lbs worth of gigantic speakers across the country? Or go through what's probably an immense hassle to try and find a buyer who'd be willing to come get them during a pandemic?

Most likely they'll come with, but it is enough to get me thinking.

You are more likely to sell them on the West Coast.

Very interesting, I hadn't considered that. At the very least it makes the decision for me for now, and I can see whether I feel like I'd miss them too badly once I get them set up in the new place.

That is debatable, and I'm not quite sure why that would be the case. They are likely more rare as you head East—if it's possible to more rare than their limited build quantity in the first place. And the net gain would be dependent upon what you spend to get them out there versus what anyone elsewhere would pay to ship to their location.

I'm in favor of moving them if you intend to keep them. And I hope you do keep them. Though it seems you've been a bit lukewarm on your enthusiasm for them compared to other speakers you have.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Though it seems you've been a bit lukewarm on your enthusiasm for them compared to other speakers you have.
    To be honest, a lot of this is down to my living situation for the last 11 years--NYC living isn't very conducive to setting up enormous speakers at home and enjoying them!

I've also lately been spending a lot of time listening in purpose-built rooms that have speakers integrated as part of the room/system design. Unless I were to design a room around the 4345s, I'd never enjoy that advantage

Thread Information