Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The JBL 4345 Club

Quote Originally Posted by jpj View Post
    I have a pair of 4345 (big loudspeakers reconed) - outside perfect, no scratch.
    who has an idea of the average price?

the 4345 are perfect and i Love them.. but my wife needs some more space in the living rom...

Please, do not hesitate to contact me. I am not that far ...

Regards Stéphane
    Regards Stephane

Here is a picture "on site" of the pair of 4345

I hope it worked..(attached file)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I hope it worked..(attached file)

Me thinks you need a bigger T.V.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Me thinks you need a bigger T.V.

Yes that's probably one solution! The other would be NO TV at all.. because it is my first enemy, and i like to see it when it is OFF...and have the opportunity to put ON the two blue boxes

Yes that's probably one solution! The other would be NO TV at all.. because it is my first enemy, and i like to see it when it is OFF...and have the opportunity to put ON the two blue boxes
    Agree. When listening to music my TV is (almost) off in these cases. But when watching a concert on DVD (2Ch only) it is nice to see it on a big screen, so maybe the answer is: The best of the two worlds together???

Just my thoughts.

TV is the most dangerous and serious problem of the 1st world countrys.
    Our children already suffer from this crap but we will notice it only in 10 or 20 years.

I almost NEVER watch TV. It's something for bored people
    I'm never bored. I have too many JBL speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    TV. It's something for bored people
    I'm never bored.
    Good point.
    _________
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post

TV is the most dangerous and serious problem of the 1st world countrys.
    Our children already suffer from this crap but we will notice it only in 10 or 20 years.

I almost NEVER watch TV. It's something for bored people
    I'm never bored. I have too many JBL speakers.
    Oh please - its not a problem when kept in moderation,
    but excess consumption of TV can cause all the problems seen in modern youth.

(.. ha ha ha, do you realize just how silly that really sounds??)
    Actually, the real blame is that Rock and Role has corrupted our youth .. Smash the vinyl!!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Here's an idea for some of you to try.

For a while now I hav had my 43545 rasied on stands about 6 inches off the floor so the slots were around ear height. ( I have leather recliner chairs that are higher than a couch)

Today I had some assistance to take them off the stands so I can re paint the baffles JBl Blue.

Anyway I decide to angle the boxes up slighlty with some 2 inch timber under the front and toed them in a bit.

Well the result was brilliant. Its just sounds right.

I think I have hit the sweet spot for the all important vertical dispersion of the horn/ slot. I also suspect that given the area of the baffles, the offset angle vertically and toe in helps break up and scatter front to rear reflections in the room. The bass is sweet by the way!

I might post a pic later in the week.

iMac

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    The bass is sweat by the way!

I might post a pic later in the week.
    That would be an interesting picture! I'm still looking for a reason to either buy or not buy the NC 4345 (if the seller ever makes up his mind) but, since I already perspire profusely and my home isn't air-conditioned, your description of the composition of the 4345 bass might just provide a tipping point. My 030's have produced dry, if somewhat limited, bass for half a century. Have you tried an anti-perspirant on your 2254Hs to see if that helps? Maybe some terry-cloth under the cabinets?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    Today I had some assistance to take them off the stands so I can re paint the baffles JBl Blue.
    Anyway I decide to angle the boxes up slighlty with some 2 inch timber under the front and toed them in a bit. iMac
    Hello Ian! That is pretty funny, I was laying in bed last night thinking about just such a thing (this is whats on my mind as I am trying to go to sleep, its getting bad folks!). I was trying to figure out how to cut some lumber so that you get a controlled angle as you are ripping it on a table saw, some kind of jig I would imagine (woodworkers please chime in ). I got on that train of thought as I remembered seeing a set of stands here on the forum for I beieve a set of L100's or 43xx?? dont remember the model exactly but they were slanted/angled. Defintitely post some pictures Ian when you get a chance I would be very interested to see what you came up with.
    BTW like the new ayvatar, looks familiar, what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    I'm still looking for a reason to either buy or not buy the NC 4345 (if the seller ever makes up his mind)
    So whats the deal with the seller at this stage, is he angling for more $ or what? When's the last time you spoke to him, is he jerking everyone here around, he sounded like he wanted to do the deal right awy when I talked to him.
    As for buying or not, well the verdict is in on that I beleive. From my own limited experience with them they are simply great! If a little more time had gone by between my recent aquisition I would seriously be thinking....... quadruplets! . Some people collect cars I could get into collecting 4345's.
    I A/Bd them against the 4430's and they were just so much more alive! Bo's still mesmerized by his and refining their sound, I got plenty of years of blissfull tweaking ahead of me since I'm just beggining the journey.
    Just Play Music.

Quote Originally Posted by Krunchy View Post
    nce I would be very interested to see what you came up with.
    BTW like the new avatar, looks familiar, what is it?
    Ian will back me up or shoot me down here, but it sure looks like HAL from 2001: A Space Odyssey. The supercomputer from U of I in Champaign-Urbana with a few important issues (explained in 2010 - conflicting instructions). The film was released about 1968, but oddly enough the campus at Urbana did become a world center for supercomputing development. Want to build your own from old PCs? Google "Beowulf computing." My new favorite word: beowulfery!

I have wondered about angling them up. too. Studio soffit mounting angled them down to face the listener, so why not? Unless of course the move does not successfully uncouple the box from the floor.

Clark
    Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

BTW like the new ayvatar, looks familiar, what is it?
    HAL from 2001

Rob

So whats the deal with the seller at this stage, is he angling for more $ or what? When's the last time you spoke to him, is he jerking everyone here around, he sounded like he wanted to do the deal right awy when I talked to him.
    I have not communicated with him in a few days. He said he was overwhelmed by the response and was going to take the weekend to take some better photos and consider what he was going to do. He did say this seemed to be the only audio product he's ever bought that actually was going to make him money. I believe he's sincere, but he's also trying to maximize his income from these without having to go to the trouble of shipping them. I'm not even sure matching his asking price and picking them up would get them now. A proper purchase works itself out. I'm not going to agonize over it.

Hello Ian! That is pretty funny, I was laying in bed last night thinking about just such a thing (this is whats on my mind as I am trying to go to sleep, its getting bad folks!). I was trying to figure out how to cut some lumber so that you get a controlled angle as you are ripping it on a table saw, some kind of jig I would imagine (woodworkers please chime in ). I got on that train of thought as I remembered seeing a set of stands here on the forum for I beieve a set of L100's or 43xx?? dont remember the model exactly but they were slanted/angled. Defintitely post some pictures Ian when you get a chance I would be very interested to see what you came up with.
    krunchy,

like this
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information