Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 4435 Cabinets arrived

Excellent work Guido.
    Johnny Haugen Sørgård

beautiful

WOW

thanks for sharing your experience and photographs. They look great!

enjoy

This is response for
    2426 with original Ti Diaphragm
    2426 with Aftermarket Be Diaphragm
    2435 with original Be Diaphragm and modified 3135 network.
    I'm still tweaking the network and will present schematic later.

2435 is my favorite and sounds exellent.
    It seems that the Be dia measures "flatter" than the original Ti. I have no listening experience till now with the Aftermarket Be.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Guido
    It seems that the Be dia measures "flatter" than the original Ti. I have no listening experience till now with the Aftermarket Be.
    Earlier deemed "Fakes,"

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...5&postcount=29

it seems the aftermarket 2426 Be diaphragms are performing a bit better once on a filter.

Or am I confused again?

Note also the little dip at 10 kHz with 2435. I've been looking there ever since GT mentioned it, and finding it universally present:

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...7&postcount=22

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch
    it seems the aftermarket 2426 Be diaphragms are performing a bit better once on a filter.
    You're right! I need to listen now and this can take time. Too many dias...

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch
    Note also the little dip at 10 kHz with 2435. I've been looking there ever since GT mentioned it, and finding it universally present....
    Yep! Seems he was right
    But I like the 2435!!! It is so clear and it sounds sooooo relaxed even when I push the 4435 with my GFA 555II.

Volume measurements for recreating JBL 4435 cabinets

Hi,

I have been sitting on a pair of 4435s without cabinets for years and it is time to do something about that. I want to modify the cabinet design to be more like my L150A, so a tower design with JBL blue fronts and Maple veneer.

I understand that each cabinet is 5 cubic feet net. But can anyone help me with the following specs, please?

1. What is the interior volume taking up by each woofer and by the horn?
    2. Does the hon sit in a separate internal inclosure? It looks like it does from the cabinet pictures I have seen.
    3. If #2 is a yes, does it then reduce the net size of the one woofer cabinet on that size (how big?) or has the been size compensation for the horn enclosure such that net volume is 5 cu ft on both sides?

Best regards, Bo

The lansing site is not a Super busy, high volume website. The folks with knowledge like what you seek are not online day and night.
    Its really best to ask your question ONCE, then wait a day or two and see if someone answers.

Asking your questions in a number of old threads is considered spamming and won't get answered any more quickly ...

Patience is a virtue for a long term project like yours ...

Good luck with your build.

Quote Originally Posted by high123bid View Post
    Hi,

I have been sitting on a pair of 4435s without cabinets for years and it is time to do something about that. I want to modify the cabinet design to be more like my L150A, so a tower design with JBL blue fronts and Maple veneer.

I understand that each cabinet is 5 cubic feet net. But can anyone help me with the following specs, please?

2. Does the hon sit in a separate internal inclosure? It looks like it does from the cabinet pictures I have seen.
    3. If #2 is a yes, does it then reduce the net size of the one woofer cabinet on that size (how big?) or has the been size compensation for the horn enclosure such that net volume is 5 cu ft on both sides?

Best regards, Bo
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Haven't looked but also should consider starting one thread with your proposed design and questions, that way keeping all replies in one spot. Makes it easier to keep track of your information too.
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

If you look at a driver's specsheet, its volume is generally mentionned.

Lee

Hi,

Best regards, Bo
    Hi high123bid,

1. I think that several percent variation in the box enclosure would not produce almost any differences in the FR-response.
    2. I think that the horn is NOT in the separated box, but a kind of driver fixing has to be done. May You can ask Guido (the forum member).

regards
    ivica

The enclosure is divided evenly and on the horn side JBL added some additional fiberglass rolled up and tucked behind the horn to help compensate for the volume lost due to the horn/driver.

AL

Thread Information