Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: JBL D120 reproductions

D123's it is, then!

Hi Harvey,

There was a typo in my post, I meant to type D120, not D140. But, you have answered my questions and addressed my concerns perfectly.

I very much appreciate your detailed information and timely response.

I will now buy buying some D123's for my rig plus a few more as spares since I understand getting used ones with good cones is cheaper than getting one re-coned. If you can even find OEM cone kits!

I was getting depressed because I couldn't find any D120's at anywhere near a reasonable price and you have solved my problem.

You and I have very similar musical tastes so I am confident getting them will be a very positive and revelatory experience.

Thanks again!

blackface or blond?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
    Hey Todd, I don't remember the logo on the amp faceplate, whether is was written with "Dual" or not....I just don't remember. I only saw/played the amp twice, and this was 40 years ago. But I do distinctly remember the two D120Fs because I grilled the guy who owned it because I had never seen/heard of a 2x12 Showman, only 2x15s.
    If it was a blond showman...probably a bandmaster base..in a dual 12

I picked up a couple K120s at reasonable price on eBay.

There is a seller on eBay that is reconing D123 or similar frames for guitar.
    After reading Harvey's comments about the D123 I got one. This is a nice sound guitar speaker. Better bass than the stiff coned D/K/E speakers, but not as much power. I'm having this person recone a E120 into a bass speaker, I will report back when it's finished. John

What a fantastic thread...thank you for all your hard work over the years at JBL, its amazing to see those people posting here!!

Anyway, I know this thread is a bit old but the search continues for many...personally im trying to get EVH1 tone and im certain that I need a pair of D120's to go along with my pair of scumback M75s (amazing pre-rola green replicas). Has anyone checked out the weber 12A125, 12F125
    12A150, 12F150 speakers? https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/ I'm thinking about trying a pair of them...

There is this speaker by Beyma

http://www.usspeaker.com/beyma%20liberty-1.htm

I have not listened this speaker, but I have do have some other Beyma speakers and they sound very similar to JBLs.

However used JBLs D/K/E 120 can be found for less than this speaker's new price. John

Thread Information