Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OK.....I just got a Fisher 500-C tube receiver

Quote Originally Posted by jblnut
    I cut my teeth on this one. My Dad has had one since 1968 and I grew up listening to a Dual 1019 playing through it to EV triaxes. When I was old enough, I "interited" another one that was in the family and I used it daily until the AV craze hit in the late 90's and I just had to have a surround receiver.

I really loved the sound of the 400's amp. It was super smooth with plenty of bass and a decent amount of power. These are keepers...enjoy your new toy .

I still have some spare output tubes if anyone needs them. Make me a reasonable offer through a PM and they are yours...

jblnut
    I am with ya. I ran it with my Paragon today and it really warmed that sucker up. Tons of body, depth, and bass. We are ditching the Marantz and will be using the Fisher full time on the Paragon until I can find (And afford) some MC 30s and a C-20

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERBEE
    I will be using the Fisher full time on the Paragon until I can find (And afford) some MC 30s and a C-20
    We had a Fisher 400 back when they were new, and for years I used an SA1000 with my C-20 to power my 030 systems. I sadly ditched the SA1000 for a Crown D150 when tubes started getting too expensive and hard to source. Now the C-20 lies dormant, replaced with Soundcraftsmen twice by now (currently DX-4200). But I'd be happy to test the Paragon with the C-20, just ship it to me. I'll return it with my evaluation in a few years!

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA
    We had a Fisher 400 back when they were new, and for years I used an SA1000 with my C-20 to power my 030 systems. I sadly ditched the SA1000 for a Crown D150 when tubes started getting too expensive and hard to source. Now the C-20 lies dormant, replaced with Soundcraftsmen twice by now (currently DX-4200). But I'd be happy to test the Paragon with the C-20, just ship it to me. I'll return it with my evaluation in a few years!
    You are too kind. Keep checking that mail box.

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERBEE
    I have pulled pretty darn hard on them and they dont budge or make that famous velcro sound

I just sold a set of Sansui 3000's. The grille screws were very tiny. This is what they looked like underneath:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information