Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: gene's speakers - cabinet tuning, crossover and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch
    So, at least insofar as BB6P analysis is concerned, and barring additional disclosures, Gene's boxes are well and appropriately designed.
    I think that is being generous... I would agree that the volume and tuning seem to be appropriate now that additional info has come forward... however we know nothing of the design... I'd suggest it is still quite in question.

Widget

I'm just talking about them as bass boxes, of course.

These are 4-ways.

Best I can do to help further is to shut up now....

Hey guys. I just walk thur the door. I had to work -ot . I got to work tomarrow as well but I get off at 3pm I will take pictures of every thing tomarrow and post them.Thanks for your help .

Inside measurements of the 2202 housing is 12 1/2 height- 12 1/2 wide and 8 1/2 deep

Well, that changes the net internal volume of the main cabinets to 13.19 cuft., your present box tuning to 21.37 Hz, and the F3 to 42.14 Hz, as the exterior dimensions of the subenclosure are apparently 14 x 14 x 9.25".

You're still within 0.01 Hz of BB6P's 21.36 Hz recommended tuning for the main cabinets.

Others will likely be able to analyze the appropriateness of the subenclosure for you.

[ ... Not my job, mon.... ]

I just sent boputnam, 11 pictures of the inside of my cabinet. bracing the top and bottom of the 2202 housing . crossover- not a great picture. ports If you cant make out some thing let me know .I will take some more pictures of my xovers

pictures are not that great. took with my cell phone I wii take some better pictures 2nd pictures is the lower bracing below the 2202 housing. 3rd one is the bottom of the 2202 housing . 4th is the same as the 2nd .5th is the bracing on top of the 2202 housing
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Will take better pictures. 1st is the inside of the 2202 housing. 2nd agin the top bracing on the top of the 2202 housing. 3rd and 4th left and right ports

Quote Originally Posted by gene
    I just sent boputnam, 11 pictures of the inside of my cabinet. ...
    Sorry, guys... Optical fiber to the coast was taken-out by a muslide... We've been out for about 32-hrs. Land phone lines, Internet, 911 (clever, that!! ). Surprised they have us going at all.

I see gene posted the pics (cool!), help is on the way...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Hey guys. here are some better pictures 1st picture left speaker in basement next to tv. to the left of speaker open area ,10 ft from wall. 2nd and 3rd picture xover.4th picture bracing top 2202 housing . 5th -right speaker in corner

odd pictuers. 2245h with wrong cone and surround.-jbl L250 bracing

That looks like an L250 crossover!!
    Always fun learning more.......

aLL OF MY MEASUREMENTS CAME FROM THE COMPANY I PAIDTO HAVE THIS SPEAKER BUILT. 5- 5/6 INCH PORTS ARE NOT SOMETHING I CAME UP WITH. JUST LIKE YOU GO TO THE DOCTOR AND HE OR SHE TELLS YOU . YOU NEED TO HAVE SUCH AND SUCH DONE. I AM NOT A DOC , IF WHAT THEY ARE TELLING ME DONT SOUND CRAZY I AM GOING TO TAKE THERE WORD. THIS IS WHAT THEY DO FOR A LIVING. THE ONLY INPUT I HAD IN MY SPEAKERS ARE THE BRAND NAME JBL AND THE DRIVERS. ITS A SIMPLE BOX DESIGN .SOME TIME WHEN YOU TAKE A PATH OR ROAD YOU NEVER BEEN DOWN BEFOR YOU DONT KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR. BUT LIKE ANY THING ELSE IF YOU WANT IT BAD ENOUGH GO FOR IT. SO THATS WHY I MADE A POST TO LANSING HERITAGE I BELIVE THESE GUYS ARE NOT ONLY SMART BUT KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. AND I BELIVE THEY PUT AS MUCH INPUT HELPING OTHERS WITH THERE CUSTOM JBL SPEAKER AS THEY WOULD THERE OWN

Would you like a forum member to come over and listen to your system.

I have just the person in mind!

It want cost you a cent...maybe a slab of Fosters

Yes I would like that.

Thread Information