Investbikers 2231's weren't reconed...original voicecoils.

Really...this thread is all about the color of the terminals and getting the best bass response out of the woofers. JBL Literature states that the 4300 series monitors...and other models... have positive as the black input terminal. There is needless confusion here and intellectuallizing as to what JBL designed the polarity to be when the simple correct answer is the colors are reversed...and this goes back decades as to why it is that way. Some historians think that since electricians installed this stuff and Lansing was one of the first mfg's, black is hot on 120 volt AC...Maybe that's the right story, and I think Hal Cox told me that during a phone call about 16-17 years ago...and going forward starting a few years ago, JBL is going AES standard of RED=+.

But Geez...this has gotten way too deep...for the wrong reasons....the stuff is just backwards and a little digging on JBL Pro's website will enlighten. I've got an older version of the Tech Notes 1 Volume 12(12B is a revision that leaves out Lansing hisself) that explains it....I'll upload it when I have the time to scan it.