Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New "big guns" LF?

RIP 2009

New "big guns" LF?

Just saw this on the new JBL 2269H dual 4" V.C. differential-drive 18" pro sub with 3.5" peak-to-peak excursion:
    http://www.jblpro.com/pressroom/VT4880_06/VT4880_06.htm

http://www.jblpro.com/vertec1/VT4880...ec%20Sheet.pdf

(But how does it sound?)

John

sweet!!!!!

Looks perfect for adding just that little extra bottom to a persons HT setup

Too deep. I'd hafta make some spacers to fit 'em in my monster sub....

Steve Gonzales

Oh my!

This should be some kinda monster. Seismic, in a Cosmic kinda way . Can't wait to see what Zilch will do with it!

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Gonzales
    Can't wait to see what Zilch will do with it!
    With what? A 2269? We couldn't care less what Zilch would do with one?
    The thing to watch is what JBL is doing with this purpose-built transducer. Very nice!

Steve Gonzales

I hear ya

I didn't pay much attention to his Q&D 4430 thread until yesterday, I find his little lab interesting and I like his willingness to explore possibilities. As for what JBL does with a transducer, that's a no-brainer, of course. I hope that the 2269's advanced design makes it into the home market in some form. I respect that you are steadfast in your commitment to recommend that JBL transducers be used for their engineered ,purpose-built intent. However futile and bizarre it might seem to some, I think it is interesting when members explore and think outside the box. Kind of a "Let's see what else can be done with it"--constuctively. Not to say that a reckless promotion of such a thing is good for us either, I don't see that Zilch is guilty of that, I find him to be fairly thorough in his projects. I'm beginning to understand you a bit better Giskard, it must be frustrating to deal with less informed people, to put it politely, just continue to keep the record straight in your own unique style and we'll all appreciate having the comfort of an authority on the actual bottom line from an engineering POV.

This should be some kinda monster. Seismic, in a Cosmic kinda way .
    It's running with E155's presently, but I acquired a pair of 2241's for it. Then I figured out how to make 2242's fit, so I was thinkin' about doin' that.

Now I don't know WHAT to do.

It's all enormously silly, of course. Can't put more than a couple of watts in even as they are before everything in the house rattles....

Steve Gonzales

San Andreas

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch
    It's running with E155's presently, but I acquired a pair of 2241's for it. Then I figured out how to make 2242's fit, so I was thinkin' about doin' that.

Now I don't know WHAT to do.

It's all enormously silly, of course. Can't put more than a couple of watts in before everything in the house rattles....
    Well, at least we know who is causing seismic activity up North

Steve Gonzales

Pipe dream

Speaking of enormously silly... Howz about a couple of 2269's installed in something like so: http://www.passdiy.com/projects/el-pipe-o-1.htm.

Obsolete
    I think it is interesting when members explore and think outside the box.
    I know that is a marvelously fun thing to post but it only highlights an author's personal ignorance as opposed to much of anything else.

OK!!
    Now I want 4 of them!!

I want to El Pipe-O my "hood"

If we place these in just the right spots through out the country we could have......
    Always fun learning more.......

RIP 2009
    I hope that the 2269's advanced design makes it into the home market in some form.
    'Not sure if the trade-off would be worth it. Who really needs 140db in their living room, especially if that might be pushing the linearity? Of course, that might also mean that when limited to the kind of output normally required in a relatively low-powered home environment, it could be especially linear and low distortion... :dont-know

John

Steve Gonzales
    Quote Originally Posted by johnaec
    'Not sure if the trade-off would be worth it. Who really needs 140db in their living room, especially if that might be pushing the linearity? Of course, that might also mean that when linited to the kind of output normally required in a relatively low-powered home environment, it could be especially linear and low distortion... :dont-know

John
    I don't know either. I've run into a suprising amount of people that feel the need for that type of overkill, I just like the idea of it. Back in the day, there might have been the same type of speculation regarding the B460. If you look at the literature, it seems if these were aimed at augmenting the L250, for crying out loud!.

Steve Gonzales
    Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
    I know that is a marvelously fun thing to post but it only highlights an author's personal ignorance as opposed to much of anything else.
    Dammit Giskard

RIP 2009
    I've run into a suprising amount of people that feel the need for that type of overkill, I just like the idea of it.
    I would love to have one to replace the Sub1500 I use for live bass guitar...

John

Thread Information