Hello!

new to the forum, and kinda new to older JBLs. My old boss had a pair of 4343s... damn those rocked. But anyways...

I picked up a pair of "Decade 86" speakers at a garage sale for an obscenely low price. They needed new surrounds, which I am getting done now, but otherwise they are nearly perfect. dark blue cloth grills in excellent shape, oak wood. One of them is labeled "Decade 86 Model L86" and one is just an "L 86" they have a 10" driver (the 125A) and a small tweeter, I forget the particular model number, but it's the common plate-mount one with the round front. They seem to be the same drivers as the L26, and the same high-freq. adjustment knob,but I can't find any reference to the L86 online really. They're also ported underneath the 10" driver, like an L26.

Anyone know much about these? What year are they probably from? What are they worth in nice shape?

I'm really looking forward to listening to them, hopefully I can pick up an old amp from the same era (Marantz maybe?) to get an authentic sound.

Thanks!