While I run my system in full triamp mode, I've often wondered what the effects of an electronic crossover being used in a biamp configuration are?. Here is an example: JBL 4343 in biamp configuration: Low pass into an amplifier, then into the LF input terminals of the 4343's crossover, then the HP is routed to an amplifier and then hooked to the top end terminals which then divides the signal passively. So what type of interaction between the electronic crossover and the passive is taking place?. If the electronic crossover has a 12db/oct slope and the passive circuit has a 12db/oct slope, what happens to the phase?. I have assumed, that since they add, a 24db/oct slope will be the outcome and remain in phase with the LP/LF section, assuming that the LP was an even order too?. What are the other effects going on here?. What can a pure passive crossover of high quality do better than a good electronic crossover and vice-versa? Another question I've wondered about is if a stock passive crossover can be easily modified to suit a completely different driver. Here is an example: An N220 passive is engineered to work with an LE5-9 midrange. Can just the midrange section of the network be modified to work with an LE85/H92 combo without touching the HP/LP filter sections in the network? It seems to me that it would effect the whole thing. Thank you for the information, Steve G.