(Not sure if this goes here or in "General Audio" so feel free to move if appropriate)

I posted this on the Crown forum at CrownAudio.com but they all seem to be asleep or not interested. (In fairness, Crown's David Glass appears to be on vacation.) So here goes:

I've recently added some "new" old JBL speakers to my inventory and have considered how to accomodate their power needs. I currently own an original Crown D150, (2) D150A-IIs, and a DC300A-II. According to Crown specs the D150A-IIs will put out 315w @ 8 ohms in bridged mode versus the 300's 175w/channel in stereo mode. I distinctly remember inquiring at Crown a few years ago when I considered running two 150s in bridged mode versus buying a 300 to use in stereo to power my L112s and was told to just get a 300. Given that I now have the amps to go either way, what are the benefits and/or disadvantages to one set-up over the other? I also may end up with an electronic crossover at some time, if that changes the ideal configuration.

The speakers are JBL L150A with a max-power rating of 300w. I'm currently powering a very early 16-ohm JBL 030 system (in the family since I was two-years-old) with the DC300 (yeah, overkill but it sounds 'better' than the D150! ). My original "faceless" D150 has been powering a similar-to-L150A JBL L112 pair for over twenty years with great results but who knew I could use 300 watts per side with these things? Is the DC300A-II output cleaner in stereo mode than the D150A-II in bridged? Can Crown's power specs be wrong?

Thanks.