Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: DIY amps.Pre and power,and things like that.

  1. #31
    Senior Member Ian Mackenzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,129
    Very nice work!

    Okay if you already place order but consider Conrad Engineering for heatsinks. I think even with shipping it would be less costly

    http://www.conradheatsinks.com/welcome.htm

    Just bolt four of MF35-151.5 with 60mm L section (tapped) to make a square box and then attach 12mm square rod around the top and botton edges and made a lid and base plate and you have an Aleph 1.2!.

    Fit all the connectors on the L corner section and your done.

  2. #32
    Senior Member northwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    far east evil CCP jail
    Posts
    706
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie
    Very nice work!

    Okay if you already place order but consider Conrad Engineering for heatsinks. I think even with shipping it would be less costly

    http://www.conradheatsinks.com/welcome.htm

    Just bolt four of MF35-151.5 with 60mm L section (tapped) to make a square box and then attach 12mm square rod around the top and botton edges and made a lid and base plate and you have an Aleph 1.2!.

    Fit all the connectors on the L corner section and your done.
    Thank you Ian,I'll show you what I've done later,thanks for your help,studying what you told me.
    I've made a pair of aluminum cases for aleph1.2,every one 30kg,each of them for one channal,heatsings are good,made them in a factory the year before last.
    The only thing I dun have now is the monster transformers for them,you know the quality of transformer is too important,I'll finish them as soon as possible.
    I bought a great lot MOSFET from DIGIKEY.COM last year,it would take me almost 24 man-hours to match them@________@
    Capacitances from Canada,Jesus!!!!!and many parts used for them.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enought to take away everything from you

  3. #33
    Senior Member Ian Mackenzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,129
    Dumb question.

    But what do you do for a day job?

    I just wonder where you find the time!

    Ian

  4. #34
    J.A.F.S.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Back in the audio lab.
    Posts
    382

    Cool DO-ALL TOOL-SAVR

    Quote Originally Posted by yggdrasil
    I cut the aluminium on the table saw. Have to prepare the blade with wax, and rub some wax where you will cut. Cut slowly.. I used a candle.

    Beware of hot aluminium.

    This case was cut on the table saw. Front panel 10mm thick, bottom panel 6mm thick, rear panel 5mm thick.
    I use a router with a carbide bit, face shield, safety goggles, ear plugs and leather welders goggles. I lube the bit liberally with DO-ALL TOOL-SAVR. The cuts are almost as good as with a vertical milling machine.

    DO-ALL TOOL-SAVR is a greenish waxy compund that is supplied in a stick form that is about the size of a tube of caulk. I recommend it highly - it really works.

  5. #35
    Senior Member northwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    far east evil CCP jail
    Posts
    706
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie
    Dumb question.

    But what do you do for a day job?

    I just wonder where you find the time!

    Ian
    Sorry my brother Ian I left for a while.
    I have 3 day jobs so I have to diy the the stuff at night.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enought to take away everything from you

  6. #36
    Senior Member northwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    far east evil CCP jail
    Posts
    706

    Cabinet for 1.2 power amp

    Attached Images Attached Images   
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enought to take away everything from you

  7. #37
    Senior Member Ian Mackenzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,129
    I thought hte first pic was freight container!!

    The other one looks like a Halcro.

    Nice work...I am too ashamed to post anything now.

    I like to Giskard rug. Where did you get it??

    Ian

  8. #38
    Senior Member northwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    far east evil CCP jail
    Posts
    706
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie
    I thought hte first pic was freight container!!

    The other one looks like a Halcro.

    Nice work...I am too ashamed to post anything now.

    I like to Giskard rug. Where did you get it??

    Ian
    Don't say that my brother, you are the real Pass master,I'm only a little idiot.
    You mean the carpet?My friend bought it long time ago
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enought to take away everything from you

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •