Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: External Crossover Recommendations needed

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Caldwell
    Ken's Ashly 1001 would be a good choice, easy to use, 24db slope, fully balanced and the Ashly's have a unique feature they call the "response" control that allows you vary the filter type from Butterworth to Linkwitz Riley.
    Yea. Not to overpromote, but I've been through a few, and the XR1001 is the best by-far.

I have used all the BSS line, like pelly3s is suggesting and they are indeed great. That model, the KT DN9848 (I own this one) and xta DP4-series are all excellent. But, my grab is they are all far in-excess of what you need and will make advantage of. I don't use any of these in my home system - only in the roadracks (an entirely different application benefitting from infinitely increased capability).

I talked to Ken today, and the reason his Ashly are available is not so much that he was displeased with them, but that the Westlake xovers he extensively refurbished are more appropriate for his "Westies". Just fyi...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Hello
    I did not want to start to confuse the issues by introducing the high end DSP's like the XTA, Klark, and things like the BSS Omnidrive's Soundwebs ect. Primarily because of their generally $3500 and up price tags. the BSS 334 Minidrive's would a be a good choice for just about $1000, less with a little shopping around or a good used unit. Like Bo said a lot of what the higher end units can do would go unused in a home system.

Mike Caldwell

I think Kens hookin' me up....
    "It only costs 80% extra to go first class"

"Yea, baby...!!"

Give us a report.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Hello.

I use 3 Behringer dcx 2496 crossovers in my homecinema. For the money they are ok but a little bit noisy. I would like to have 3 Bss Fds-366t minidrive but i cannot afford them.

If someone want to sell some BSS cheap send a pm . I havent read so much about them, do they work on both 110v and 230 volt ?

regards mats

Thread Information