Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1500FE available?

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilch
    2352, if you've got the room for it....
    Oh hell no! I'm not into SR in my house. Maybe a 4348 horn on end, but I'd rather see someone craft a 75mm 2344A type horn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido
    I remember you writing that it's time to improve this 20 year old 4430/35 design some time ago but unfortunately you didn't tell how
    We have to wait until 4th quarter of this year.

The best thing I can come up with right now is the LE14H-3, 2344A/2425H (aquaplased aluminum or titanium diaphragm, your choice) and a 1.2 kHz crossover frequency.

sa660

2344A modifiication for 1.5"

Hello all,

Would it be worthwhile doing a adaptor from 1.5" to the rectangular section. This is very easy to model and to produce with SLA technology.
    Cost would be around $300 for a pair?
    Can someone gave me the dimension of the rectangular throat for the 2344A adaptor piece.

Thanks,

jtgyn

Here tis

G'Day Richard,
    With a tape measure 15mm x 196.5mm.. I can post pictures and a more accurate measurement when I find a set of calipers to borrow.... if you need them that is..

Regards Scott

Edit. Ooops... this is the 2344 adapter (cast Al bit) the horn itself is 15mm x 198mm...

sa660

Throat for adaptor

People,

Equivalent surface area for 1" is 506.5mm2
    Equivalent surface area for 1.5" is 1139.5mm2
    Equivalent surface area for the throat is 2950mm2

I proposed to increase the lenght of the adtaptor to keep the coil alignement as per JBL brochures. Any comments welcome!

Actually, I'm surprised to see the 2344A spec'd as the two-piece assembly. I thought the later "A" was the integral throat. Anybody know the history?

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Horns/2344a.pdf

Unfortunately an adapter won't work for most of us, as we use the integral version

Hello everyone, I would like to resurrect this thread as it is of great importance for me, planning (already invested in fact) a 4435 "redo". I would be certainly interested in a pair of such community-rolled horns even if it goes over the 300 USD / pair price. Earl Geddes mentioned once at his diyaudio thread that mounting of compression drivers on the horn is one critical thing to do, they redesigned their horns to have better fit. I see these 2435HPL -s going on ebay and it is hard to resist . On the other hand ppl asking ridicoulus amount of money for the 2426 , 2344a combo I rather let go .I can only hope there is sufficient interest around here to this day.

Edit : maybe this thread is nt the best choice on this matter, but there is one post with nice summation, feel free to open one or redirect me . Maybe the topic starter can also rename the topic's name.
    Last edited by readswift; 12-15-2007 at 05:04 AM. Reason: there it is

Thread Information